Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Erin Heilner
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default sprint samsung galaxy S4

I Woulld lke so much if !!! someone could help me unlock this device please... i luv the s4 but hate sprint ... CAN ANY BODY HELP

Default Re: sprint samsung galaxie s4

Welcome to Android Central! Try asking your question here: Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Global Posts
    22,272 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Welcome to the forums!

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

you need to contact sprint to have the device unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Ganoe1 View Post
    I Woulld lke so much if !!! someone could help me unlock this device please... i luv the s4 but hate sprint ... CAN ANY BODY HELP
    could you tell me what your running on your s4. 4.2.2/4.3/4.4... also what baseband are you on MDC MDL MF9 MJA ect..
    Thanked by:
    Cindy Ganoe1 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Omg id have to look ... i dont no .but if you could help me id owe u so much.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Its 4.42 what ever that means

Its 4.42 what ever that means
    That would be the latest version of Android, KitKat 4.4.2.

You mentioned having the device unlocked. Are you looking to run custom ROMs on it or have it unlocked so you can put it on a different carrier service?
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Default Re: sprint samsung galaxy S4

Im not up on this kit kat thing I have no idea what it is but yes i want to go to another carrier

Im sure as it now the only way to unlock would be call sprint. There is no way to unlock when already on kitkat. Ill look more into it for you. But have yoy try another sim to see if it gives you an error sim message (invaild sim)

Posted via Android Central App

Im not up on this kit kat thing I have no idea what it is but yes i want to go to another carrier
    Well Android 4.4.2 ( KitKat ) is the latest version of Android OS.

Be thankful your device has already received the update. Many others will receive it but it could be months before they get the update. As for switching carriers, I have no experience there. I know many that are looking to get away from the big name carriers in the US go to Boost or Straight Talk.

Keep in mind Sprint is a CDMA based carrier & devices so you can't just move to a GSM based carrier like AT&T or T-Mobile.
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

My understanding is that the Sprint s4 has both cdma and gsm radios. I read that if unlocked it would work on tmobile or ATT but h+ only, no 4GLTE

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2324601&page=8

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    My understanding is that the Sprint s4 has both cdma and gsm radios. I read that if unlocked it would work on tmobile or ATT but h+ only, no 4GLTE
    Yes that is correct from what I've read also.. I usually don't mention it due to the fact that you can't get 4G LTE. But if your fine with 3g/ hspa + and WIFI then have at it
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Yes that is correct from what I've read also.. I usually don't mention it due to the fact that you can't get 4G LTE. But if your fine with 3g/ hspa + and WIFI then have at it
    Not sure who the op plans to move to, Some of the cheaper tmo mvnos don't even offer 4GLTE

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I have sprint samsung galaxie s3 &the s4 i tried boost they wont take these versons yet...in the furture they say.im just so disapointed in these phone companys 1 week this one cheaper than the other than the next week that one cheaper its crazy...like im sure everybody else to i live on budget ..whats good for me should be good for me ..im mad have 2 galaxies cant use them .. my sprint bill was 691.00 $$ and i refuse to pay that kind of phone bill ..and i didnt call long distance..
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

And the upgrade i got yesterday.. i dont no what to think of it quite yet

If you got the upgrade yesterday then why not just return the phone? The $691 , what was the breakdown?

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Omg really.. you think best buy is going to give me 691.00 for it if so .... its sold

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post

[Q] Can SPRINT Galaxy S4 SPH-L720 be Unlocked & use with GSM/SIM Card? - Page 8 - xda-developers

This is true I use my sprint s4 on ATT hspa+ witch they do claim is 4g (release 8 =4g) btw but its not LTE. to me its a big joke. on att with H+ I still get 30mb witch is way better then my LTE with sprint. 20mbup/7-9mbdown.

Omg really.. you think best buy is going to give me 691.00 for it if so .... its sold
    If you bought it from best buy you can return it within 30 days I think. I bought my phone through best buy and replaced it once the first one was defective. But if you updated your phone to 4.4.2 I would take it back and swap it and hope you get one that's on 4.2.2 or 4.3(seen unlock method). but I cant figure out with out being on a diff rom on 4.3 and up how to set the phone on us GSM/wcdma-- att/tmo/straighttalk. if you want to use your phone on boost or any type of cdma network, well if you can get the MSL code you can reprogram your phone to that network. the s3 would be my choice since it doesn't have a sim slot. but the s4 will work also. the MSL is easy to get just call sprint and say you need to reprogram your phone on the network and need msl to re enter MDN/MSID. tell them that you did a profile update and the phone died while updating and now it shows 000-000-1234 as my phone number. can't call or anything. tell them you know how to do it yourself and just want the info and be about your way.

edit:
    also lol easier way to get MSL. call sprint and tell them you need to ##RTN# Return To New. that needs the MSL.

Quote Originally Posted by zombieshavebrains View Post
    Hi all, created an account just so I could ask this. I have an iPhone 4S with UDP, how would I go about upgrading my phone through this method if I don't have a 4g SIM card?
    If you are still within the return period then you should get a full refund minus any applicable restocking fee.