Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Smile Say hi the n00b

Hello everyone, new guy here. I'm fresh to Android from the iOS world. I actively gave up on Apple (could have gotten a 5S) and opted for a Moto X instead. I'm really glad I have made that decision and have migrated all my services over to the Android/Google universe. I'm enjoying the hell out of it so far.

I don't know much yet, but I have rooted and flashed a ROM to an old Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 2 (2.x to 4.1.2) so I know about that stuff a little. My Moto is a work phone so I won't be doing the same to it, but my wife's Moto (yes, I already snagged one for her) is fair game.

So in summary, hi and I'm here to learn. I'll help when I can.

Default Re: Say hi the n00b

Welcome to Android Central and the Android platform !

Moto X, awesome device isn't it? I don't own one personally but I've played with it plenty in the stores and its very nice.

Enjoy the forums!

Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central.

Welcome to Android Central! The MotoX is a great phone with a very Vanilla-like Android OS.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Welcome Magatomic, I think you will enjoy your X

Global Posts
    30,945 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by megatomic View Post
    Hello everyone, new guy here. I'm fresh to Android from the iOS world. I actively gave up on Apple (could have gotten a 5S) and opted for a Moto X instead. I'm really glad I have made that decision and have migrated all my services over to the Android/Google universe. I'm enjoying the hell out of it so far.

I don't know much yet, but I have rooted and flashed a ROM to an old Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 2 (2.x to 4.1.2) so I know about that stuff a little. My Moto is a work phone so I won't be doing the same to it, but my wife's Moto (yes, I already snagged one for her) is fair game.

So in summary, hi and I'm here to learn. I'll help when I can.
    Welcome to the forums. I have an X as well...love it!

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Welcome to the forums!!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,828 Global Posts

Welcome! The Moto X is great, I still want to get one at some point. Feel free to reach out if there's anything we can help with!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks everyone. I've been reading the site and listening to the podcasts for a few months (really since October of '13 I think), I guess that helped me make the decision to jump ship. I love the content and the sense of community.

About the Moto X and the near vanilla Android experience, I love both. But somehow I did find it "necessary" to install Nova Launcher and Power Toggles - now I really do love the interface and the operation of the phone. Is there anything else I should consider doing to the phone (short of rooting or flashing the ROM) to really shine things up? I can't imagine it getting much better but I'm a n00b and don't know what I'm missing.

TIA

Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Thanks everyone. I've been reading the site and listening to the podcasts for a few months (really since October of '13 I think), I guess that helped me make the decision to jump ship. I love the content and the sense of community.

About the Moto X and the near vanilla Android experience, I love both. But somehow I did find it "necessary" to install Nova Launcher and Power Toggles - now I really do love the interface and the operation of the phone. Is there anything else I should consider doing to the phone (short of rooting or flashing the ROM) to really shine things up? I can't imagine it getting much better but I'm a n00b and don't know what I'm missing.

TIA
    Install the AC Forums App
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

An app specifically for the forums? I've got the AC app already.

Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

An app specifically for the forums? I've got the AC app already.
    Yep. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lkacf.activity

Welcome to Android Central!