1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default hello folks! I would like some help please

Hello!

I am new to this forum and I am hoping someone out there can help me with this unsolved issue.

I have a Moto G (sim free), out of the box jelly bean, updated to KitKat ota when it was announced. I had never tested before if I could send emojis via SMS but I could definitely receive them. I am having the issue that I cannot send them via SMS. The message or the place where I placed a emoji is blank. Why????

When on whatsapp it has its own emoticons. They appear like normal. Just the stock ones that came along with the phone. I can't use them. Please can someone help. It is annoying.
    Last edited by issue-motog; 02-19-2014 at 10:18 AM. Reason: forgot to add thank you too!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: hello folks! I would like some help please

Quote Originally Posted by issue-motog View Post
    Hello!

I am new to this forum and I am hoping someone out there can help me with this unsolved issue.

I have a Moto G (sim free), out of the box jelly bean, updated to KitKat ota when it was announced. I had never tested before if I could send emojis via SMS but I could definitely receive them. I am having the issue that I cannot send them via SMS. The message or the place where I placed a emoji is blank. Why????

When on whatsapp it has its own emoticons. They appear like normal. Just the stock ones that came along with the phone. I can't use them. Please can someone help. It is annoying.
    I forgot to say thank you. :-)

Global Posts
    13,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by issue-motog View Post
    Hello!

Welcome to the forums. Have you tried rebooting the phone?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Welcome

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Welcome! Just to be clear, are you using the Hangouts app to send text/Emoji? If so, make sure it's updated (check play store for updates). Also, consider clearing the cache of Hangouts and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Welcome! Just to be clear, are you using the Hangouts app to send text/Emoji? If so, make sure it's updated (check play store for updates). Also, consider clearing the cache of Hangouts and see if that helps.

This.

Also, welcome to Android Central!

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)