Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By ffejjj
  • 2 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Member..

Hello,

I'm new here. Just join a few minutes earlier.... here i'm looking for an a thread related to my android system yet it's not found..

here my android info:-

Brand: Unknown
    Model number: F8AS
    Android Version:4.0.4
    Build Number: 20121108-LY-F8AS.1.0.5
    Kernel Version: 3.0.8+

i'm looking how to root my device, and yet when i try to... pop-out this "you don't have a permission to root"

know super root :SRSRoot One Click Root for Android (SuperUser) ? i tried they app... nope. no chance, nothing happen.
    Know FramaRoot? i tried all kind framaroot 4.0.4.. i can install them but i can't use them.... when i open Framaroot, at vulnerable check "Framaroot can't exxploit your device"
    -when i ask at other(people who success root their android 4.0.4 of course) they say i need to unlock my phone...

My question(don't know where to ask and at what section i don't know, literally i'm new here) is: how do i unlock my phone? and what is Flash Recovery?

well i'm still new using android system.. so pardon my stupidity...

if this not an correct section to ask, can anyone or somebody tell me where to... and how to do?......

Default Re: New Member..

Stop, don't go any further. No offense but you need to do a bit more reading about root it sounds like before you continue. What phone do you have?

Rooting can be fun, unlocking the potential of your phone but if you don't fully understand then you can render your phone useless. Of course we're here to help but you should have a good understanding of root before you proceed

EDIT: Welcome to the forums

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    Stop, don't go any further. No offense but you need to do a bit more reading about root it sounds like before you continue. What phone do you have?

Rooting can be fun, unlocking the potential of your phone but if you don't fully understand then you can render your phone useless. Of course we're here to help but you should have a good understanding of root before you proceed

EDIT: Welcome to the forums

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanks.My phone is android system it is not branded with any popular brand Like samsung, LG, HTC, sony, etc etc...... but it can be used for call(using SIM card), sms, like any other branded android out there.

and here my android info:
    Brand: Unknown
    Model number: F8AS
    Android Version:4.0.4
    Build Number: 20121108-LY-F8AS.1.0.5
    Kernel Version: 3.0.8+

Welcome to Android Central! I don't know much about rooting, but I completely agree with ffejjj--trying to root without fully understanding what you're doing is a sure way messing up your phone, often irreversibly. It doesn't help that your phone is a no-name generic brand, because different phones or brands of phones have different rooting procedures. Let's start with the main question--why exactly do you want to root?

Posted via Android Central App
    Golfdriver97 and wizzrah like this.

Global Posts
    17,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Welcome to the forums.
    Rooting can have advantages, and it also has disadvantages. Like the other two Ambassadors have said, you can potentially damage your device. I rooted my Moto X, and I found out the hard way that I can't fully unroot (still trying to figure out why) and because I can't, I cannot accept the 4.4 update that my phone can get.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    wizzrah likes this.

Global Posts
    3,826 Global Posts
    ROM
    WDGI EX Rom v1.0

Welcome to the forums! Always research info first before you attempt to do any modifications to your phone!
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html

Hi!

Welcome to AC!

Welcome to Android Central. The suggestions already given was on point......ENJOY

Welcome to the forum.

Hey there welcome to the forum!