New Member..

TK Ren Tiger

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I'm new here. Just join a few minutes earlier.... here i'm looking for an a thread related to my android system yet it's not found..

here my android info:-

Brand: Unknown
Model number: F8AS
Android Version:4.0.4
Build Number: 20121108-LY-F8AS.1.0.5
Kernel Version: 3.0.8+

i'm looking how to root my device, and yet when i try to... pop-out this "you don't have a permission to root"

know super root :SRSRoot One Click Root for Android (SuperUser) ? i tried they app... nope. no chance, nothing happen.
Know FramaRoot? i tried all kind framaroot 4.0.4.. i can install them but i can't use them.... when i open Framaroot, at vulnerable check "Framaroot can't exxploit your device"
-when i ask at other(people who success root their android 4.0.4 of course) they say i need to unlock my phone...

My question(don't know where to ask and at what section i don't know, literally i'm new here) is: how do i unlock my phone? and what is Flash Recovery?

well i'm still new using android system.. so pardon my stupidity...

if this not an correct section to ask, can anyone or somebody tell me where to... and how to do?......

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Stop, don't go any further. No offense but you need to do a bit more reading about root it sounds like before you continue. What phone do you have?

Rooting can be fun, unlocking the potential of your phone but if you don't fully understand then you can render your phone useless. Of course we're here to help but you should have a good understanding of root before you proceed

EDIT: Welcome to the forums

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

TK Ren Tiger

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Stop, don't go any further. No offense but you need to do a bit more reading about root it sounds like before you continue. What phone do you have?

Rooting can be fun, unlocking the potential of your phone but if you don't fully understand then you can render your phone useless. Of course we're here to help but you should have a good understanding of root before you proceed

EDIT: Welcome to the forums

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Thanks.My phone is android system it is not branded with any popular brand Like samsung, LG, HTC, sony, etc etc...... but it can be used for call(using SIM card), sms, like any other branded android out there.

and here my android info:
Brand: Unknown
Model number: F8AS
Android Version:4.0.4
Build Number: 20121108-LY-F8AS.1.0.5
Kernel Version: 3.0.8+

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't know much about rooting, but I completely agree with ffejjj--trying to root without fully understanding what you're doing is a sure way messing up your phone, often irreversibly. It doesn't help that your phone is a no-name generic brand, because different phones or brands of phones have different rooting procedures. Let's start with the main question--why exactly do you want to root?

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
Rooting can have advantages, and it also has disadvantages. Like the other two Ambassadors have said, you can potentially damage your device. I rooted my Moto X, and I found out the hard way that I can't fully unroot (still trying to figure out why) and because I can't, I cannot accept the 4.4 update that my phone can get.