Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default hello, short rant and help uninstall a preinstalled app

    hi im new to smartphones, this is my first.. I like my samsung galaxy s4 and have had some practice when I got mom her iphone. I can get around a computer quite well but am pretty novice to smart devucrs.

    well I have spent hours if not days trying to figure out how to post on the forums using my mobile device . I have found it very difficult and unituitive. unable to login via app but finally was able to load the webpage without it telling me to download the app which I already have . I could not post because I was not logged in although I could browse . have been unable to retrieve password and locked the login attempts. under settings in the mobile web view I cannot for the life of me figure out how to set or reset the password.
    this is increasing my frustration with smart devices, which in my opinion are not very smart. there is too much automation. basic functions are often hidden deep in some srcret panel ir often entirely overlooked. and dont get me started with autocorrect!

    ok with that being said rr ranted I would like someone to please please please explain how to remove a few of the preinstalled apps on my verizon samsung galaxy s4. I do not need to know that I have root. I know you need root to do that. I have clean master and superuser and titanium backup. I know I have to have root. thats the only answer I ciuld find. 1 post had 5 replies with just "you need root"

    inparticular the nfl app. I would like to unistall it. ive tried clean master app, in apps window selectin unistall, tried holding it down. there has to be a way or I will return the phone. please help.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: hello, short rant and help uninstall a preinstalled app

    Unfortunately you can't uninstall most preinstalled software from the manufacturers or carriers, which is one reason why carrier unlocked phones are popular.

    But something like NFL can probably be disabled. Go into system settings, Apps, scroll to the app, tap, and then choose disable. You can do that for most preinstalled apps which aren't tied into Google services.

    Edit to add: To remove the icon from your home screen, just long press, and drag it up to the trash bin which should appear on the top of the screen.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  3. #3  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    22,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    23,098 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

    Default Re: hello, short rant and help uninstall a preinstalled app

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Wieland View Post
    hi im new to smartphones, this is my first.. I like my samsung galaxy s4 and have had some practice when I got mom her iphone. I can get around a computer quite well but am pretty novice to smart devucrs.

    well I have spent hours if not days trying to figure out how to post on the forums using my mobile device . I have found it very difficult and unituitive. unable to login via app but finally was able to load the webpage without it telling me to download the app which I already have . I could not post because I was not logged in although I could browse . have been unable to retrieve password and locked the login attempts. under settings in the mobile web view I cannot for the life of me figure out how to set or reset the password.
    this is increasing my frustration with smart devices, which in my opinion are not very smart. there is too much automation. basic functions are often hidden deep in some srcret panel ir often entirely overlooked. and dont get me started with autocorrect!

    ok with that being said rr ranted I would like someone to please please please explain how to remove a few of the preinstalled apps on my verizon samsung galaxy s4. I do not need to know that I have root. I know you need root to do that. I have clean master and superuser and titanium backup. I know I have to have root. thats the only answer I ciuld find. 1 post had 5 replies with just "you need root"

    inparticular the nfl app. I would like to unistall it. ive tried clean master app, in apps window selectin unistall, tried holding it down. there has to be a way or I will return the phone. please help.
    Welcome to the forums.
    As far as preinstalled apps, you cannot totally remove them. You can disable some, and the NFL app may be one of them.
    Here is how: [Guide] Disabling apps on Galaxy S3 and Tab 2...No root required
    The steps should be the same.

    As far as forums posts...are you using an app? Are you trying to post on this forum? If so, I like the AC Forums app. Works pretty well.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
  4. #4  

    Default Re: hello, short rant and help uninstall a preinstalled app

    I use Tapatalk and it works ok.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: hello, short rant and help uninstall a preinstalled app

    thank you and thank you!!! :-) :-) :-)
    I do not see the app anymore.
    and omg tapatalk you are genius. I opened tapatalk searched for ac. clicked sign in with g+ and voila! I think I can just delete the ac apps now. still cant ligin using their app. ive tried signup with different emails, multiple even. have not received any emails at those locations.
  6. #6  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,410 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,425 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

    Default Re: hello, short rant and help uninstall a preinstalled app

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Wieland View Post
    thank you and thank you!!! :-) :-) :-)
    I do not see the app anymore.
    and omg tapatalk you are genius. I opened tapatalk searched for ac. clicked sign in with g+ and voila! I think I can just delete the ac apps now. still cant ligin using their app. ive tried signup with different emails, multiple even. have not received any emails at those locations.
    Did you try signing up/making an account via a computer?

    Also, welcome to Android Central!
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson



    My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: hello, short rant and help uninstall a preinstalled app

    I have not had a chance to try with a REAL conputer. I can sign in on the mobile if I view it as normal webpage, tapatalk signs in too. just not the ac forum app. so odd. in every forum that I have ever read theres always some quarky problem only 1 person has. I guess thats the role of the dice. haha. thanks for all your help and respond s
  8. #8  

    Default Re: hello, short rant and help uninstall a preinstalled app

    Welcome to the forum.
  9. #9  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    6,222 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,551 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: hello, short rant and help uninstall a preinstalled app

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Wieland View Post
    I have not had a chance to try with a REAL conputer. I can sign in on the mobile if I view it as normal webpage, tapatalk signs in too. just not the ac forum app. so odd. in every forum that I have ever read theres always some quarky problem only 1 person has. I guess thats the role of the dice. haha. thanks for all your help and respond s
    Welcome to the forums! 🙋
    Glad you got tapatalk working.

    Don't be a stranger and pop in the forums just to have fun, to ask questions or to help others. 👍👦

    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  10. #10  

    Default Re: hello, short rant and help uninstall a preinstalled app

    Welcome to AC!
  11. #11  

    Default Re: hello, short rant and help uninstall a preinstalled app

    Solution 1: Root
    The only way to remove these third-party apps would be to root your Android device and receive the Super User status.
    You can follow this guide: How to Uninstall and Remove Apps on Android
    Solution 2: Task Killers
    Removing a widget: any of these which are displayed on the homescreen can be easily removed by tapping and holding the shortcut of the widget and drop it into the recycle bin.

    Removing Apps: Any other application that you might want to β€œremove” requires the installation of a third-party app called Advanced Task Killer, which can be installed from Google Play. These types of apps will ''kill'' the process from running on your phone and auto-kill the app from starting (booting).

    Once you've done this, the app will only be seen in the app drawer, however you reverse the process by going into the settings of your Task killer.

    Just because you've ''killed'' the app, it will still take up storage however it won't use any resources.

    If the app isn't protected, it can easily be uninstalled with an Uninstaller app.

Similar Threads

  1. Different Notification sound for different App
    By sanketgroup in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2014, 01:08 AM
  2. Note 3: gmail on stock mail app eventually fails authentication.
    By Woodburner in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-27-2014, 03:54 PM
  3. Battery isn't working properly anymore? Help!
    By armymelon in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 10:43 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 12:23 PM
  5. Verizon and International Travel
    By KWKSLVR in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 10:57 AM

Posting Permissions