Hey guys, my name is Rudy and I was a BlackBerry power-user, participating on Crackberry. I am new to the Android game after my BlackBerry pooped on me. Verizon gave me the DROID ULTRA as a replacement.
Generally positive impressions, except I don't like the battery life on this phone. That aside, I need help with e-mail applications. I am very active on e-mail and I need an e-mail app that can keep up.
The Android native e-mail app is.... terrible to say the least. It is on automatic sync (push) and it never notifies me or updates until I manually refresh. The G-mail native app is alright but it sometimes fails me. I downloaded AquaMail Pro but it can't keep up with high traffic as it gives me connection errors for EACH account....
And another thing, it doesn't let me set up my college e-mail which is forwarded through IMAP with Gmail.
(The college e-mail has it's own inbox/outbox settings and when I put them it doesn't connect.
Do you all have any advice on which e-mail app you would recommend? Or how I can edit the syncing to be active (auto-sync is on).
- 03-27-2014, 09:47 PM #2Ambassador Guides, Tips, and How-To's — Table of Contents
Softbricking be damned.
- 03-27-2014, 09:49 PM #3
- 03-27-2014, 09:50 PM #4
Welcome to Android Central! I'll have to defer the questions on the email app to someone else, since I primarily use Gmail and the Gmail app. But I can suggest this guide for battery life: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...ving-tips.html
- 03-28-2014, 01:25 AM #6
Welcome to the forums.
Keep in mind, battery life depends greatly on your signal, and new batteries need 4 or 5 charge cycles to get in the swing of things.
- 03-28-2014, 02:44 AM #7
- By roqaj in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-04-2014, 12:44 AM
- By Stephen Wieland in forum IntroductionsReplies: 10Last Post: 06-20-2014, 02:42 AM
- By ClarieM in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 03-31-2014, 06:15 AM
- By wolfiexox in forum IntroductionsReplies: 12Last Post: 03-28-2014, 02:50 AM
- By KristapsA in forum IntroductionsReplies: 6Last Post: 03-28-2014, 02:39 AM