Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Patrick Schroedl
  • 1 Post By Spencerdl
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hello!

Hey guys, my name is Rudy and I was a BlackBerry power-user, participating on Crackberry. I am new to the Android game after my BlackBerry pooped on me. Verizon gave me the DROID ULTRA as a replacement.

Generally positive impressions, except I don't like the battery life on this phone. That aside, I need help with e-mail applications. I am very active on e-mail and I need an e-mail app that can keep up.

The Android native e-mail app is.... terrible to say the least. It is on automatic sync (push) and it never notifies me or updates until I manually refresh. The G-mail native app is alright but it sometimes fails me. I downloaded AquaMail Pro but it can't keep up with high traffic as it gives me connection errors for EACH account....

And another thing, it doesn't let me set up my college e-mail which is forwarded through IMAP with Gmail.

(The college e-mail has it's own inbox/outbox settings and when I put them it doesn't connect.

Do you all have any advice on which e-mail app you would recommend? Or how I can edit the syncing to be active (auto-sync is on).

Default Re: Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by rudyalexc View Post
    Hey guys, my name is Rudy and I was a BlackBerry power-user, participating on Crackberry. I am new to the Android game after my BlackBerry pooped on me. Verizon gave me the DROID ULTRA as a replacement.

Generally positive impressions, except I don't like the battery life on this phone. That aside, I need help with e-mail applications. I am very active on e-mail and I need an e-mail app that can keep up.

The Android native e-mail app is.... terrible to say the least. It is on automatic sync (push) and it never notifies me or updates until I manually refresh. The G-mail native app is alright but it sometimes fails me. I downloaded AquaMail Pro but it can't keep up with high traffic as it gives me connection errors for EACH account....

And another thing, it doesn't let me set up my college e-mail which is forwarded through IMAP with Gmail.

(The college e-mail has it's own inbox/outbox settings and when I put them it doesn't connect.

Do you all have any advice on which e-mail app you would recommend? Or how I can edit the syncing to be active (auto-sync is on).
    Welcome to the forums... CB members are always welcome. As for mail clients, the ones that come to mind are SolMail, AquaMail, and K9 Mail.
    Spencerdl likes this.

Welcome to Android Central. I too was a Blackberrian for approx 8 years.....ENJOY

Welcome to Android Central! I'll have to defer the questions on the email app to someone else, since I primarily use Gmail and the Gmail app. But I can suggest this guide for battery life: [Guide] Battery Saving Tips
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I will definitely check out some of the recommended e-mail apps

Global Posts
    22,237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Welcome to the forums.
    Keep in mind, battery life depends greatly on your signal, and new batteries need 4 or 5 charge cycles to get in the swing of things.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Welcome to the forum.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thank you all!

I've had the phone for a 2 months now and it's still iffy. I love it but I hate it at the same time!