Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Nexus 7 owner

Hello all. Searching all threads (well, kinda) for tips and ideas. First problem--can't delete PDF files (no trashcan icon--what's up with that?).

Default Re: New Nexus 7 owner

Welcome to the forums. How are you attempting to delete the files in the Downloads app, in a PDF reader app, or in a file browser app?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm certain I don't have the big picture yet. I download a file (options given were Quickoffice or Kindle), then want to delete. It does not exist in Downloads or Drive (which I have not figured out yet) and QuickOffice gives no delete option. Whew. It's never easy.

Global Posts
    20,811 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Welcome to the forums.
    If you downloaded it, it should be in the downloads app in the app drawer.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Welcome to Android Central! I responded in your separate thread that some apps have their own download folder. I wouldn't be surprised if Quickoffice or Kindle had their own download folder, although I haven't tried them myself. Use a file manager like ES File Manager to search for app-specific download folders.

EDIT: Ok, just tested out with Quickoffice. If you create a document on Quickoffice, it will ask you if you want to save it on Drive or in Downloads. If you picked Drive, then it would have saved in your Google Drive in the cloud, and wouldn't be in the Downloads folder. If you chose Downloads, then you should be able to access it by opening the Downloads app. Please note--if you're accessing the Downloads folder from within Quickoffice (by tapping the folder icon at the top), then you CANNOT delete the file there. You have to open the actual Downloads app in order to delete a file.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Welcome to Android Central! Enjoy your Nexus 7
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

This isn't a document, it's a pdf file. It (and other pdf files) appear when I open quickoffice and I can't make them go away. There is nothing in my download app. Thanks for trying though!

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Welcome to Android Central!

Try this. Download ES File Explorer

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gs.android.pop

Use the search function to try and find that pdf file.

Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T HTC One X running CodefireX 4.4.2
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Quote Originally Posted by dwat191 View Post
    This isn't a document, it's a pdf file. It (and other pdf files) appear when I open quickoffice and I can't make them go away. There is nothing in my download app. Thanks for trying though!
    When you open QuickOffice, where do you see those PDFs? On the initial QuickOffice screen, tap Open File folder icon, which opens Downloads by default. Is that where you see the PDFs? Swipe in from the left--the only locations I can open files from are Recent, Drive, and Downloads. Is that what you see? In which of those locations do you see the PDFs?

Global Posts
    8,460 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Welcome to the forums! Take a look at your Drive account as suggested by D. Diddy - Let us know if you have further questions.