Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default too many choices :)

How do you decide which android phone to purchase?! Sigh,so many choices it boggles my mind. I need a place like Right Diagnosis where I put in criteria and it narrows my choices down. HAha. I've had the HTC One but didn't like the camera, loved the size tho. I'm using the bb q10 now but want apps. Is there an android phone that has a hub like feature of the BlackBerry, one place for all messages, updates and emails?

Global Posts
    4,066 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: too many choices :)

Do you need a phone on a specific carrier?
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Quote Originally Posted by notiphoneplease View Post
    Is there an android phone that has a hub like feature of the BlackBerry, one place for all messages, updates and emails?
    Welcome to Android Central! There are quite a few apps out there that can provide similar features. DashClock is one of them, with many extensions that allow you to customize what kinds of notifications you get on a lockscreen. Here's another example of a lockscreeen notification app: Lock Screen Notifications
    Thanked by:
    wizzrah likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Do you need a phone on a specific carrier?
    Verizon

Global Posts
    4,066 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by notiphoneplease View Post
    Verizon
    There are many phones you can get, such as the HTC One M8, Samsung Galaxy S5, LG G2, Moto X, Note 3. All will do what you want to do.

The S5, M8, and Note 3 have SD Card slots whereas the Moto X and G2 do not.

If you want a smaller phone, the Moto X might be a good size.

As for a hub-like place on Android, I can't really think of anything. Your notifications section would be the closest thing.

-Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T HTC One X running CodefireX 4.4.2
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    19,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Did you like the screen size of the One, or the overall size. I ask because the Moto X is the same screen size, but physically it is smaller (less bezel). The Moto camera is ok, probably a little worse than the HTC. Given your criteria, I would say S5, Note 3, or LG G2.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    8,138 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Ha! You are right, way too many choices. Well, for starters, know what you want in a phone. There are many factors (i.e. size, form/shape, costs, performance, etc) that should be considered when looking for a new device. The beauty of Android is that there's basically something for everyone, so be sure to know what you need and/or want from the device when looking to upgrade.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

The G2 is looking very appealing

Posted via Android Central App
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Looked at phones in Verizon and looked at videos here and on YouTube and I'm one hundred percent sure I've narrowed it down to three LOL. LG G2, Droid Maxx and Samsung S4.

I am attracted to the Maxx battery, the LG double tap and still not sure who has the best Camera.

So yeah, I'm still muddling around.

G2's supposed to get great battery life as well.
    Thanked by:

Welcome to Android Central and good luck with your research and decision.....ENJOY
    Thanked by: