Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By jumblednonsense
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 2 Post By dancing-bass
  • 4 Post By jumblednonsense
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hello!

Though I love my Apple products (you will have to pry my MacBook Pro from my cold dead hands), I recently gave up my iPhone 4S and switched to the HTC One (M7). I made the switch right before the M8 was announced, but even so, I think if I had waited, I still would have preferred the M7. It's been a couple weeks that I've been using Android now, and I have to say, I am loving it!

So anyway... hi!

Default Re: Hello!

Welcome to Android Central!
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Welcome to Android (and to Android Central Forums)

There are many threads for helping you make the transition from iOS to Android easier (just do a search, and you'll find them). And if you have questions, feel free to ask!!!

Global Posts
    31,643 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by jumblednonsense View Post
    Though I love my Apple products (you will have to pry my MacBook Pro from my cold dead hands), I recently gave up my iPhone 4S and switched to the HTC One (M7). I made the switch right before the M8 was announced, but even so, I think if I had waited, I still would have preferred the M7. It's been a couple weeks that I've been using Android now, and I have to say, I am loving it!

So anyway... hi!
    Welcome to the forums.
    Often people get floored when they see some of the big differences in customizing.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,829 Global Posts

Welcome to the forums! I've have the M7 as well, and it's a great device. Glad to hear you're liking it.

Another fellow M7 user here. It's a solid device and I think you'll like it. Welcome

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Welcome to the forums! The M7 is still a great phone despite it being "last" years model. It's a good phone and if it does what you need in a device then all the better. Let us know if you have any questions!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Often people get floored when they see some of the big differences in customizing.
    I've had an iPhone for a long time (and enjoyed it), but more recently I decided that I not only wanted a bigger screen, but I wanted to be able to do more with my home screens - things you can't do on the iPhone (at least, not without jailbreaking and I didn't want to get into that). So the fact that I can customize was something that definitely appealed to me about Android. I'm really only beginning to scratch the surface of what I can do, but even now, I'm much happier being able to add widgets and put icons wherever I want.

Welcome to Android Central...ENJOY

Welcome to the Android platform. You will have a blast. I am also coming from the iPhone 5. I love my Note. It is fun to customize again. Don't miss the iPhone at all. Great help here as well. Enjoy your new home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Welcome to Android Central!

Global Posts
    9,093 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None

Welcome! 🙋
    Enjoy the forums.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Welcome to Android. I myself had been back and fourth between Android and iOS since 2011 When I left Blackberry for a Droid X. Later that year, I got an iPhone 4 then about 9 months later went with the EVO LTE for like a week before I decided to go back to iOS with iPhone5. Last year I switched to Verizon and got the Droid DNA but however I only lasted 2 months until I decided to return to my iOS roots with another iPhone 5. Then a week ago, I switched back to Android with the Samsung Galaxy S4.

After time, I get board with the limitation of iOS and the lack of customizing the homescreen. With Android I can feel free to do such things. Guess the smoothness of the iOS apps is what drives me back but honestly I think the Galaxy S4 has really got me sold to Android for good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Welcome to AC. Glad to have you here. The HTC One M7 still has plenty of power!

Welcome