Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Default Hi there!

I have been reading the blog and forums for so long I might just as well pop in and say hello.

I have only recently converted to Android with the purchase of a Nexus 5. I used to be an avid Blackberry user but unfortunately I did not have a good experience with Blackberry 10. I'm also not a huge fan of iPhone or Windows phones, though it is very good platforms indeed it's just not for me. And to be honest, I have always wondered why so many people rave about Android. As an uneducated user I only experienced "Android" mostly on Galaxy phones, while the phone is brilliant I found "Android" to be difficult, full of bloat and not that user friendly. That was my impression only until I've learned about pure Google Nexus Android and manufacturer skinned Android versions (eg Touchwizz, etc).

So I picked up a Nexus 5 and I love the pure Nexus Android experience which is for me far better than any other skinned version. I haven't rooted and custom rom'ed yet, though I might do this somewhere down the road not because I need to (Kitkat is simply that good), it would mainly be just out of curiosity. The only sad thing for me is that Nexus phones aren't freely available in South Africa and I hope to see it change soon.

In any case, hello to all!!

Default Re: Hi there!

Welcome to the forums!!

Enjoy your Nexus 5
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa
    Thanked by:

Welcome to the forums, great to hear the Nexus 5 is working out so well!
    Thanked by:

Welcome to Android Central!

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:

Welcome to Android Central....ENJOY
    Thanked by:

Glad you decided to join the forums! Welcome!

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,139 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Welcome to AC! 🙋

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    20,778 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by ReigerZA View Post
    I have been reading the blog and forums for so long I might just as well pop in and say hello.

I have only recently converted to Android with the purchase of a Nexus 5. I used to be an avid Blackberry user but unfortunately I did not have a good experience with Blackberry 10. I'm also not a huge fan of iPhone or Windows phones, though it is very good platforms indeed it's just not for me. And to be honest, I have always wondered why so many people rave about Android. As an uneducated user I only experienced "Android" mostly on Galaxy phones, while the phone is brilliant I found "Android" to be difficult, full of bloat and not that user friendly. That was my impression only until I've learned about pure Google Nexus Android and manufacturer skinned Android versions (eg Touchwizz, etc).

So I picked up a Nexus 5 and I love the pure Nexus Android experience which is for me far better than any other skinned version. I haven't rooted and custom rom'ed yet, though I might do this somewhere down the road not because I need to (Kitkat is simply that good), it would mainly be just out of curiosity. The only sad thing for me is that Nexus phones aren't freely available in South Africa and I hope to see it change soon.

In any case, hello to all!!
    Welcome to the forums.
    Always nice when someone stops lurking! Enjoy the Nexus 5. I love that phone!!

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:

Welcome to Android Central!

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Thanked by:

Welcome to Android Central.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
    Thanked by:

Welcome to the forum! Take care.
    Thanked by: