New member going live...

Davida1956

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello to the whole community ! I'm basically a hardware lad very familiar with DOS and anything from windows 3.1 up Windows 8. I've done a little work in the Unix and sco-unix field but that was decades ago ! I'm hoping to learn about rooting an android tablet from all you nice folk out there to try and make use of a 7" tablet we brought back from Greece, it can't even access Google play store using something called slide me market ! So I turn to this reputable forum for help and advice on what steps I need to make before trying not to brick it !! Keen to learn and experiment as it's really only used as a backup device but it's soooo restricted ! Any starter points out there from anywhere in the world. I look forward to any replies, help, advice or guidance and always reply..... Thanks folks :)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

It would help if you provide the brand of the tablet, as well as what flavor of Android it uses.

I'm not familiar with rooting but will try to get you some help.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Davida1956

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Stargate... Thanks a lot for your warm welcome ! You're obviously a Dr Who fan like myself ! That's another thing we have in common ! Thanks also for helping me take my first bumbling step into the Android world ! The tablet is pretty obscure one made by Crystal Audio Video model number Tab71 about 6 months old now... It uses android version 4.04 baseband version (?) 1.6rc1 with a kernal version 3.0.8+ (?) Ljx@software#66 Monday July 1.... If that helps. I did manage to get a reply from the Greek techies who told me that they didn't have a licence to use Google play and no planned upgrades to enable it. In fact they sort of suggested I might want to try ' rooting ' it :) I also have the tech hardware spec if it helps? From what they implied I assume it is a case of pick a decent image and start again...:-( hence my quest for knowledge :) any ideas would be most welcome :)

Davida1956

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome neonworm.... Nice to be greeted by a few members. I posted a reply to Stargate if you want to follow it. Nice to know that help is always at hand ! I'm hoping this will be an interesting little project though the initial steep learning curve is a little daunting :)

Davida1956

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome... Nice to know help is always at hand ! I posted a reply to neonworm in case you're interested in how I progress with this little project. All ideas advice and suggestions would be gratefully received from one and all. :)

Davida1956

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi golf driver, thank for your welcome :) nice to know help is never that far away. I don't quite know what to do next but have answered the questions Stargate asked in case you are interested. I'm hoping this little project will prove interesting though the steep learning curve is a little daunting. Second nature to many members in here I guess. All advice, guidance and suggestions will of course be gratefully accepted :) Regards...

Davida1956

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi spencerdl, thanks for your welcome :) I look forward to tackling this little project despite the steep learning curve :) all advice or input will be gratefully accepted !

Davida1956

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcome Almeuit. I answered all of stargates questions if you are interested in knowing how I progress :) all input and advice would be much appreciated :) I look forward to getting underway with what I hope will be an interesting little project for me !

Davida1956

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi :) thanks for your welcome to the form b.diddy. I posted replies to Stargate so if you are interested you might like to follow my progress on what I hope will be a nice little project :) all input would be gratefully accepted. It may seem easy to a lot of members but I've got a lot to learn :)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi Stargate... Thanks a lot for your warm welcome ! You're obviously a Dr Who fan like myself ! That's another thing we have in common ! Thanks also for helping me take my first bumbling step into the Android world ! The tablet is pretty obscure one made by Crystal Audio Video model number Tab71 about 6 months old now... It uses android version 4.04 baseband version (?) 1.6rc1 with a kernal version 3.0.8+ (?) Ljx@software#66 Monday July 1.... If that helps. I did manage to get a reply from the Greek techies who told me that they didn't have a licence to use Google play and no planned upgrades to enable it. In fact they sort of suggested I might want to try ' rooting ' it :) I also have the tech hardware spec if it helps? From what they implied I assume it is a case of pick a decent image and start again...:-( hence my quest for knowledge :) any ideas would be most welcome :)

Hello, I've been very busy hence the late replay.

Yes, I'm a big fan of Doctor Who, and of course a bigger fan of STARGATE SG1, SG ATLANTIS and SG UNIVERSE as you might imagine. 😀

I looked up about your tablet, everything I find is in Greek.
1398217581236.jpg
I guess the problem with these kind of tablets is that there aren't enough of them, so developers don't really spend resources on rooting them.
I will keep my eyes open and will keep on asking around.
Sorry I can't help much more than that. 😕

Davida1956

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your help so far :) spurred me on to venture into the heart of the tardis and test out the water :) I used Google translate... Works a treat. ... That and the techie spoke English !

Posted via Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your help so far :) spurred me on to venture into the heart of the tardis and test out the water :) I used Google translate... Works a treat. ... That and the techie spoke English !

Posted via Android Central App

Good deal! 🙋
Be careful looking into the heart if the TARDIS, your brain might not be able to cope with all the knowledge from space and time! 😉