samsung galaxy s2 flashing logo cannot reboot

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone : ) Thanks in advance...my galaxy s2 keeps flashing the logo and won't get past that. I (after
many attempts!) finally got it to recovery mode twice, and hit enter button for reboot, but when I did that it just
goes back to the flashing logo...any advice?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone : ) Thanks in advance...my galaxy s2 keeps flashing the logo and won't get past that. I (after
many attempts!) finally got it to recovery mode twice, and hit enter button for reboot, but when I did that it just

Welcome to the forums.
When you get into recovery, clear the cache partition.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome! Do as Golfdriver suggested and see if that gets the phone to boot, it should.

Let us know how it goes.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I wanna know if it worked, too!

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
OK, I get my phone back from the repair shop today (they could not fix it) so I will try that. I am not a phone techie! So should I be able to get it into recovery mode again, is that an option I can choose? (clear cache partition) or are there more steps I need to know to do that? Thanks!

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Sorry been out of touch--thanks so much for the advice all--I get it back today from repair shop who could not fix it, and I will try this should I be able to get it to screen with reboot on it and let you know! ;)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
OK, I get my phone back from the repair shop today (they could not fix it) so I will try that. I am not a phone techie! So should I be able to get it into recovery mode again, is that an option I can choose? (clear cache partition) or are there more steps I need to know to do that? Thanks!

Nope. That's it. It should bring you back to the main screen and you click reboot system now. If that doesn't work, do a factory reset in recovery.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html
Look that over. Gives some instructions on how to do it. Depending on the generation of the device, you may have to follow instructions for the S3 instead.

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
OK repair place could not fix it. So now it does same thing as before--when I put battery in (it is fully charged) it goes in a flashing loop of the battery showing it drained and then showing it full. So I tried taking battery out/put in did not work. Sometimes I can get it to the galaxy s2 screen but then that just flashes.So now I have left battery out to try to get to recovery mode. So now I am trying to get it into recovery as before so I can clear cache as suggested and I cannot even get it there. I have tried holding power and volume up simultaneously as well as holding those two plus home to no avail. By the way the home button on my phone is not really a button so it's hard to just hold my finger there. It's an AT & T phone. So IF I can get it into recovery I will try suggestions! thanks will keep trying unless anyone has any other tricks to get into recovery mode. **UPDATE: I put battery back in, held power and volume buttons and FINALLY got into recovery mode. Cleared cache, then did reboot. Not good news--now the Samsung gal s2 logo just keeps flashing. I assume if I do a factory reset it will wipe out all my stuff that was on the phone. That is what I am trying to avoid :-\

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Thank you--see my update. I did clear cache and reboot but just flashing Samsung logo now. Anything else I can do besides factory reset? I am just trying to save my data and stuff on my phone...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm