Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Note 3 ENORMOUS battery drain at night- problem still unsolved

Hello, fellow android-fans! I decided to start a new thread as none of the tips provided in other threads did the trick for me. Also, the battery drain I experience is much larger than I have come across in other forums.
    I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and am extremely happy with it.
    The issue is that whenever I go to sleep at night (phone remains unactive) the battery will drain 80-95 percent and sometimes all of it will drain, making me miss my alarm! Luckily, complete battery depletion has only occured one unlucky morning.
    Naturally, I have upgraded to 4.4 Kitkat, and before Kitkat the problem only occured once and I fixed it by removing the SD-card and battery before doing a reboot. Now, it has occured at least 4-5 times and this morning it happened yet again.
    I have provided a screenshot of my phone just after I woke up this morning and you can see that it almost died in the 8 hours I slept. The phone was on 100% when I went to bed and only 12% when I woke up!
    I keep wifi, gps (never in use) etc. turned off when I sleep. I keep it paired with my new Gear 2 almost 24/7, but this doesn't drain battery at all in my experience.
    Still, between 80-100 percent battery drain at night is totally inexcusable and I hope you can provide me with some tips. I am literally at my wits end about this problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Note 3 ENORMOUS battery drain at night- problem still unsolved-screenshot_2014-05-08-06-44-27.jpg  

Global Posts
    25,305 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Note 3 ENORMOUS battery drain at night- problem still unsolved

Sorry for the delayed reply. Have you tried a cache clear in recovery?

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Default Re: Note 3 ENORMOUS battery drain at night- problem still unsolved

Welcome to Android Central. Hummm, it sounds like something is running in the backround ( a bad download perhaps). Have you tried going back to the basics and removing apps one by one to see which app is giving you battery problems?