Lg OPTIMUS g Pro lockscreen controls for music.

Juan Castro4

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I love the google musc play app, however I can not seem to get the app to show lockscreen controls on these phone. I also have the same problem with pandora, so how can I fix it. I would like to do these since It prevents me from putting a lockscreen password because of having to unlock the phone to change to next song. I do not want to do that all the time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Excellent point, Golfdriver97. Lockscreen widgets were introduced with Android 4.2. The Optimus G Pro came with 4.1.2--have you had any updates?

Posted via Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Bienvenido a los foros de Android Central Juan!

I agree with Diddy.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Juan Castro4

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
On my cellphone I have 4.1.2. And from my other cellphone which was a mototola running 4.1.1 every time I would open a music app that had lockscreen controls by default they would show up. So I do not know how to enable or what do I need to do to get them to show up. Because from what I understand music controls are not widgets.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
On my cellphone I have 4.1.2. And from my other cellphone which was a mototola running 4.1.1 every time I would open a music app that had lockscreen controls by default they would show up. So I do not know how to enable or what do I need to do to get them to show up. Because from what I understand music controls are not widgets.

Did you have an update recently?

From an SOKP Nexus 5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I think Motorola's Motoblur skin may have had a special music control for its lockscreen, but it wasn't part of stock Android until 4.2.

EDIT: Yup, I just experimented with my retired Razr Maxx, which runs 4.1.2. On the lockscreen, there's a Play Music controller, but it's a feature of Motoblur, not of stock Android 4.1.2. That's why your other Motorola phone running 4.1.1 had that lockscreen control, while your current LG does not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith