Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Unlocked ATT S4

So guys, i'm totally new at this, but i have an att galaxy s4 that I had unlocked when i switched to t-mobile. My hotspot doesn't work and just says "mobile data in not available or invalid sim." Would I have to root my phone for that? Or is it already rooted since it was unlocked? Im sorry im confused. lol Another question and the most important, I want to update to kitkat but it doesnt allow me to do that. it says sevice interrupted and to wait 24 hours. If i root my S4, would i lose the unlock? HELP!!!!!

Global Posts
    24,820 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Unlocked ATT S4

Quote Originally Posted by beeestings View Post
    So guys, i'm totally new at this, but i have an att galaxy s4 that I had unlocked when i switched to t-mobile. My hotspot doesn't work and just says "mobile data in not available or invalid sim." Would I have to root my phone for that? Or is it already rooted since it was unlocked? Im sorry im confused. lol Another question and the most important, I want to update to kitkat but it doesnt allow me to do that. it says sevice interrupted and to wait 24 hours. If i root my S4, would i lose the unlock? HELP!!!!!
    For future reference, a better place to put your post would have been in General Help and How to.
    Who is your carrier? Is it AT&T?

Rooting will not really help with either of these issues. Definitely not the updating. Root access will stop any OTA that you would receive. A better thing to try is to connect to a Wifi connection. Do you have one at home?

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry