Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

Default Jumping from Windows Phone

Hi guys, I'm trying to come into android from windows phone. Been a long time user of Windows phone back from the lumia 900 days and also a WPCentral forum user. However after I got into college the app gap really began to hit me as everyone was using services like gmail and google docs that I simply could not use on my windows phone. In addition to that, I often felt left out of many of the fad apps like snapchat and really wanted to use them. I'm in the process of purchasing an M8 or Nexus 5 and wanted to know what to expect having been on windows phone since its inception. I've owned nothing but windows products up to this point and have a surface pro 2 as my daily laptop. Thanks and I look forward to interacting with this community.

Default Re: Jumping from Windows Phone

I know how ya feel but i can't give you any advice right now. I'm actually coming from a Blackberry and i'm purchasing a Note 3 so it's going to be big change. There is a HUGE app gap on the Blackberry devices. LOL Hope you get a phone you enjoy.

Global Posts
    22,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by boo516 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm trying to come into android from windows phone. Been a long time user of Windows phone back from the lumia 900 days and also a WPCentral forum user. However after I got into college the app gap really began to hit me as everyone was using services like gmail and google docs that I simply could not use on my windows phone. In addition to that, I often felt left out of many of the fad apps like snapchat and really wanted to use them. I'm in the process of purchasing an M8 or Nexus 5 and wanted to know what to expect having been on windows phone since its inception. I've owned nothing but windows products up to this point and have a surface pro 2 as my daily laptop. Thanks and I look forward to interacting with this community.
    Welcome to the forums.
    Everything is rather seamless. Once you get a Gmail account and connect everything to it I think the transition will be effortless.

Did you have a specific question about the services?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Welcome to Android Central...ENJOY

Welcome to Android Central!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

I actually had another question. I don't want to get rid of all my microsoft email(s) as my outlook is attached to a lot of my current services with microsoft. How are those services integrated with Android?

Global Posts
    22,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by boo516 View Post
    I actually had another question. I don't want to get rid of all my microsoft email(s) as my outlook is attached to a lot of my current services with microsoft. How are those services integrated with Android?
    There is an outlook app for Android. I don't know how well it works as I wasn't heavily invested in MS services.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Welcome to Android Central! If your current email accounts on Outlook are IMAP or POP3 accounts, you can import them into the stock Email app on Android. If you have an actual Outlook.com email account, as Golfdriver97 mentioned, there's an app for that.

You may find these guides useful, but hopefully not too much information overload:
    [GUIDE] Getting Started with Android (2014), Part I: Intro, Homescreens, Settings
    [GUIDE] Getting Started with Android (2014), Part II: Installing Apps, Managing Media
    [GUIDE] Getting Started with Android (2014), Part III: Managing Contacts

Global Posts
    6,386 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Welcome to the forums at AC!
    I agree with Golfdriver and Diddy.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!