samsung galaxy mega 5.8 earphone jack doesn't work! !!

leeleebaby22

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Mega since February and just recently the earphone jack stopped working all of a sudden. I've tried everything possible and I'm still experiencing this problem. A couple of weeks ago i plugged my earphones in to see if it would work and it did for maybe a week and a half then all of a sudden it stopped working again! !!!! I'm so frustrated and i don't know what else to do at this point or what the problem could possibly be. There's no lint or debris inside the jack I've already tried cleaning it out but that didn't help at all! Can anyone give any advice?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Mega since February and just recently the earphone jack stopped working all of a sudden. I've tried everything possible and I'm still experiencing this problem. A couple of weeks ago i plugged my earphones in to see if it would work and it did for maybe a week and a half then all of a sudden it stopped working again! !!!! I'm so frustrated and i don't know what else to do at this point or what the problem could possibly be. There's no lint or debris inside the jack I've already tried cleaning it out but that didn't help at all! Can anyone give any advice?

Welcome to the forums.
I am guessing it is an issue with the hardware itself. You can try calling Samsung and see what they can do.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried other headphones in the jack? Or your current headphones in another device? Maybe it's the headphone plug or cable that's the problem, not the jack.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Let us know if you fix your headphone jack - follow the recommendations provided by B.Diddy and Golfdriver.

leeleebaby22

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes I've tried everything possible still no sound. I paid cash for my phone so i can't send it in for a new phone. I'm kinda stuck with the phone and that sucks!

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could bring it in to a cellphone repair shop and see if they can do anything. Maybe they could replace the headphone jack.

Zaboo5

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I just got my phone 4 days ago and had the same problem. I was ready to take it back. I tried 3 different sets of headphones and ear buds and none of them worked. When you plug the jack into the phone, make sure you push the jack in until you hear a "click". I wasn't pushing mine in far enough...I didn't want to force them. They do push in a little harder though. And now all 3 of the ones I tried previously, work. ;) Good luck.