Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By Spencerdl
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default samsung galaxy mega 5.8 earphone jack doesn't work! !!

I've had my Mega since February and just recently the earphone jack stopped working all of a sudden. I've tried everything possible and I'm still experiencing this problem. A couple of weeks ago i plugged my earphones in to see if it would work and it did for maybe a week and a half then all of a sudden it stopped working again! !!!! I'm so frustrated and i don't know what else to do at this point or what the problem could possibly be. There's no lint or debris inside the jack I've already tried cleaning it out but that didn't help at all! Can anyone give any advice?

Global Posts
    19,811 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: samsung galaxy mega 5.8 earphone jack doesn't work! !!

Quote Originally Posted by leeleebaby22 View Post
    I've had my Mega since February and just recently the earphone jack stopped working all of a sudden. I've tried everything possible and I'm still experiencing this problem. A couple of weeks ago i plugged my earphones in to see if it would work and it did for maybe a week and a half then all of a sudden it stopped working again! !!!! I'm so frustrated and i don't know what else to do at this point or what the problem could possibly be. There's no lint or debris inside the jack I've already tried cleaning it out but that didn't help at all! Can anyone give any advice?
    Welcome to the forums.
    I am guessing it is an issue with the hardware itself. You can try calling Samsung and see what they can do.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried other headphones in the jack? Or your current headphones in another device? Maybe it's the headphone plug or cable that's the problem, not the jack.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Welcome to Android Central, I have to agree with Goldriver97.....ENJOY
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    8,105 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Welcome to the forums! Let us know if you fix your headphone jack - follow the recommendations provided by B.Diddy and Golfdriver.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    5,975 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Welcome to the forums and I'll say the same as srk. 👇
    Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Welcome to the forums! Let us know if you fix your headphone jack - follow the recommendations provided by B.Diddy and Golfdriver.
    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yes I've tried everything possible still no sound. I paid cash for my phone so i can't send it in for a new phone. I'm kinda stuck with the phone and that sucks!

Posted via Android Central App

You could bring it in to a cellphone repair shop and see if they can do anything. Maybe they could replace the headphone jack.

I just got my phone 4 days ago and had the same problem. I was ready to take it back. I tried 3 different sets of headphones and ear buds and none of them worked. When you plug the jack into the phone, make sure you push the jack in until you hear a "click". I wasn't pushing mine in far enough...I didn't want to force them. They do push in a little harder though. And now all 3 of the ones I tried previously, work. Good luck.