Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    868 Global Posts

Default Formal Introduction, Windows Phone Convert

Hello, my name is Michael! I was previously a Windows Phone user since 2010. I've had 3 Android, 3 iPhones, and 9 Windows Phones. I'm looking to make the JUMP to the LG G3 because I'm curious with Android, and also frustrated with Microsofts slow releases for Tmobile USA. Unless Android is convincing (doubt it) then I'm looking to make a second JUMP back to Windows Phone with the upcoming rumored release of the Windows Phone McLaren.

Either way just wanted to let everyone know I'm here on ship for the next few months. My LG G3 is preordered and ready to go. I'm very active, very loud, and very supportive. I'm a bit of a MS Fanboy and I don't plan to change that, so if you see me address anything MS in a positive manner, then at least you know why. I'm not blinded to options, but I'm quick to point out the good and bad.

TL;DR - I'm a new WP Convert to Android, planning to only be a user for a few months (LG G3). I'm a MS Fanboy and thanks for having me!
    Last edited by Flagz; 07-10-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Default Re: Fornal Introduction, Windows Phone Convert

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your stay.

Welcome to the forums! Here's a getting started guide for when you get your new G3...

[GUIDE] Getting Started with Android (2014)

Posted via Android Central App

Constructive input is always welcome

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
    Thanked by:
    Flagz 

Welcome to Android Central!

Welcome to Android Central! Hopefully, the phone (and this forum) will convince you to stick with Android this time around!
    Flagz likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    868 Global Posts

We'll see, I might at least have as spot in my tech headset for android if the G3 is half as good as they say!

Global Posts
    17,436 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Welcome to the forums. The G3 looks like it will be an amazing device.

Signed, a Nexus 5, AC forums app, and Android L.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    3,773 Global Posts
    ROM
    WDGI EX Rom v1.0

Welcome to our community!
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html

Quote Originally Posted by Flagz View Post
    We'll see, I might at least have as spot in my tech headset for android if the G3 is half as good as they say!
    In betting the farm on it We'll see on launch day

Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

Global Posts
    5,345 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Welcome! Enjoy this community! 🙋

Sent From Another Galaxy
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    868 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post

We'll see, not sure why but LG hit the nail on the head. The only problem; Android and Google. I hate Android and I despise Google. Not sure how this trip is gonna work out, but I'm already missing Cortana and live tiles and I haven't even left yet. Looking forward to Q4 so I can get my hands in the Newest Windows Phone.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    868 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post

We'll see, not sure why but LG hit the nail on the head. The only problem; Android and Google. I hate Android and I despise Google. Not sure how this trip is gonna work out, but I'm already missing Cortana and live tiles and I haven't even left yet. Looking forward to Q4 so I can get my hands on the Newest Windows Phone.

Global Posts
    5,345 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Hey Flagz, is your avatar based on Halo?
    Looks familiar.

Sent From Another Galaxy
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Welcome to Android Central
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    868 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Hey Flagz, is your avatar based on Halo?
    Looks familiar.

Sent From Another Galaxy
    Yep, it's my original Emblem reimagined with a more modern look. I use it everywhere (Gaming, GFX Design, Music, Web Design) kinda like a trademark. My forum name also originates from my Halo days (Gamertag is "the teams Flag" seeing as I was always running the Flag since I was an Objective Player) and since then has been used as my Stage Name (DJ & Rap), my nickname by all my friends & co-workers, and my designer name for GFX & Web Design.

STARGATE likes this.

Welcome

Posted from Google Nexus 5
    My History of Phones.
    2007 - 2011 iPhone 2G 3G 3GS 4G
    2012 - 2013 Samsung Galaxy S3 S4
    2014 - Google Nexus 5

Welcome to the forums. Lots of great info on here!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    868 Global Posts

Thanks everyone! I have my LG G3 in hand and I'm happy to give it a test! Android and the G3 aren't as great as I thought, maybe that'll change with future updates though! Cheers to the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Flagz View Post
    Thanks everyone! I have my LG G3 in hand and I'm happy to give it a test! Android and the G3 aren't as great as I thought, maybe that'll change with future updates though! Cheers to the future!
    What don't you like about it so far?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Global Posts
    868 Global Posts

Default Re: Formal Introduction, Windows Phone Convert

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    What don't you like about it so far?
    1) OneDrive integration sucks, which is terrible considering ALL of my pictures, documents, and music are stored on that particular Cloud. Unfortunate since I also just purchased 200GB of storage for $100 in January. I really like this service considering every product I own has native OneDrive support.

2) The Camera underwhelms, terribly. In perfect conditions it's a great camera, but I'm not IMPRESSED by it. In low light it's awful. I was also hoping that shutter speed & software would match the capture speed of my Fiancés Galaxy S5, but it doesn't. She takes pictures faster after the initial focus, meaning she can turn out two pictures vs my single picture.

3) I've already had a single crash/random reboot, but I've also had to reboot my device TWICE due to WiFi issues. It connects perfectly with full signal strength, but then nothing loads and I get an error pop up saying it can't connect to the internet. Every other piece of tech is fine, but this looks like it's gonna be a daily reboot in order to stay at max efficiency.

4) Incompatible apps. I don't see this being a problem in the long run, but the initial release sucks. I can't even watch movies on VUDU which sucks because they seem to have the best picture quality of all the websites I browse. I also have ~$200 of movies purchased here so lets hope they hurry up so I can get my movie game on point.

5) I hope the battery life improves. I know I'm a heavy user but all my past phones at least got me 10 hours, this doesn't seem to be the case here. I'm on day three and I'm already more than 10 charging cycles in. I put a lot of faith in the reviewers hands hoping they'll be interweb junkies like me and give it a truly heavy test, but I guess not. I'm an extremely heavy user and this phone last me approx. 5 hours of use. Terrible. I hate lugging wires around work because we aren't in a consistent location most of the day, and are more active. Looks like it's time to invest in a power bank.

6) The lack of support with Xbox Apps. I know this isn't the G3's fault, but it's one of the reasons I'm unhappy with some experience. The Xbox Music app can't Sync local music, and the native Music app can't Sync DRM Xbox Music, so now I'm in a position where I have to constantly switch apps to listen to all of my music. This really caused a problem when I wanted to put a Music Widget on my home screen, then realized I can't because I'll need both to listen to the entire collection.

7) A lot of widgets (Like Apps) are optimized, so I cant pin a lot to my Home Screen without feeling content. I want a lot of 5 row widgets! Without them I feel uneven and that makes me feel messy. Yes a little OCD, but I'm the user and that's what makes me happy.

8) This might be rare, but I wish the phone had something similar to "Glance" on Nokia Windows Phones. Looking at the Dream Mode while connected to a charger made me realize how elegant it would look.

There's more I come across here and there. It's a great OS, just not for me. I still find myself waiting for the MS McLaren windows phone rumored for the Fall. It'll get better and eventually I'll feel like I had a great experience, but we're not there quite yet. Looking forward to test Android L more than anything now.
    Last edited by Flagz; 07-13-2014 at 06:16 AM.

Welcome to Android!

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

The complaints you have with onedrive and Xbox is Microsoft fault. But I have faith with the new CEO. I like onedrive better than gdrive. And Outlook is better than Gmail.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    868 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AKaTheGeek View Post
    The complaints you have with onedrive and Xbox is Microsoft fault. But I have faith with the new CEO. I like onedrive better than gdrive. And Outlook is better than Gmail.
    I know the apps are MS fault, but they recently opened the Xbox Music API, so anyone can soon use it so I'm hoping for third party options and OneDirves API is also open for companies to use. All Google needs to do is add an option in Account/Sync setting for OneDrive sign in similar to Drop Box and Box.

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your stay.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast