Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By greenguppy
  • 1 Post By greenguppy
  • 1 Post By zocster
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Talking Kiwi Greetings!

Hi Everyone,

Just found this place and it looks great - Android noobs, lurkers, l33ts and ... well that guy over there

I'm Graeme (aka Green Guppy) and I live in Christchurch, New Zealand. I'm married with 2 boys (11 and 13) and a cat. We were here during the 7.1 quake in 2010 and subsequent 3 years of aftershocks - scary time but an amazing life experience. All good now - just had my house fixed up finally.

I've got an Acer Iconia A500 and a Vigo 7" tablet. Samsung cheapie phone - my boys have better Samsung's than me. My wife has some fruity phone thing.

I was a Chemical Engineer/Plant Manager until my brain had a meltdown and I had to have a lie down and a cup of tea for quite a while. Needed something to do and been around computers forever so decided to give this Android/Java thing a crack. Just released my first very amateur game - but I'll post that in the lounge cos this forum ain't for that stuff.

Anyhow nice to be here - party on!

Green Guppy
    Horacio55555 likes this.
    Super Moderator

Global Posts
    11,433 Global Posts

Default Re: Kiwi Greetings!

Welcome to Android Central! And yes you're not the only one living in Chch! Me too!

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    Passport PIN: 2BDD6F5F | Note 3 PIN: 7F4337AD
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Cool - whereabouts are you? We are in Strowan. Your family and friends got through the quakes OK? We move back home on Saturday - 3 months out with repairs. Still a great place to live!

Global Posts
    22,140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by greenguppy View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Just found this place and it looks great - Android noobs, lurkers, l33ts and ... well that guy over there

I'm Graeme (aka Green Guppy) and I live in Christchurch, New Zealand. I'm married with 2 boys (11 and 13) and a cat. We were here during the 7.1 quake in 2010 and subsequent 3 years of aftershocks - scary time but an amazing life experience. All good now - just had my house fixed up finally.

I've got an Acer Iconia A500 and a Vigo 7" tablet. Samsung cheapie phone - my boys have better Samsung's than me. My wife has some fruity phone thing.

I was a Chemical Engineer/Plant Manager until my brain had a meltdown and I had to have a lie down and a cup of tea for quite a while. Needed something to do and been around computers forever so decided to give this Android/Java thing a crack. Just released my first very amateur game - but I'll post that in the lounge cos this forum ain't for that stuff.

Green Guppy
    Welcome to the forums!

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Welcome to AC!!

Sent from my T-Mobile LG G3
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."

Welcome to Android Central!

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    6,370 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Welcome to the forums at AC! 🙋

Sent From Another Galaxy
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Hi Everyone,

Green Guppy

Enjoy your time here.
    Super Moderator

Global Posts
    11,433 Global Posts

I am in Hornby! And was out for 5 weeks. I can not imagine living in another city but maybe the US North Carolina or something.

Cool - whereabouts are you? We are in Strowan. Your family and friends got through the quakes OK? We move back home on Saturday - 3 months out with repairs. Still a great place to live!

Welcome!
    My History of Phones.
    2007 - 2011 iPhone 2G 3G 3GS 4G
    2012 - 2013 Samsung Galaxy S3 S4
    2014 - Google Nexus 5

Welcome! We have a nice community .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    6,370 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by zocster View Post
    I am in Hornby! And was out for 5 weeks. I can not imagine living in another city but maybe the US North Carolina or something.
    I'm in North Carolina, not from here originally but I like it, it's a nice state. 👍☺

Sent From Another Galaxy
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Welcome! Glad you joined!

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Glad to have you here!

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Hey Zocster

Nice photo. We just moved back home in the weekend - place was a mess, carpet not in, mud all over the paths/driveway, bathroom not finished (lucky we have a small en suite in one of the bedrooms - but man it is good to be home. Don't know anything about Nth Carolina but Seattle interests me - grunge FTW! Maybe I'll visit here some day - won't be paid for by my game sales - v slow start but at least the trend is upwards.

Take care and have fun
    GG
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    I'm in North Carolina, not from here originally but I like it, it's a nice state. ☺

Sent From Another Galaxy
    Hi Stargate,

Not originally from Nth Carolina eh? Did you by any chance gate in - hmmmm?

Been googling NC - largest city is named Charlotte! She must have been hot to get a not only a city named after her but also the biggest one. I like that your state beverage is milk - party on NC!

Cheers
    GG
    STARGATE likes this.
    Super Moderator

Global Posts
    11,433 Global Posts

Looked after that for you, GG, Raleigh is where I was thinking Charlotte ain't bad either.

STARGATE likes this.

YOOOOOO
    New Zealand Rules!!!
    Except for our tech though ae?! lol

Global Posts
    6,370 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Hi Stargate,

Not originally from Nth Carolina eh? Did you by any chance gate in - hmmmm?

Been googling NC - largest city is named Charlotte! She must have been hot to get a not only a city named after her but also the biggest one. I like that your state beverage is milk - party on NC!

Cheers
    GG
    Hello there GG! 🙋
    Yes, used the STARGATE.

Sent From Another Galaxy

Global Posts
    6,370 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Looked after that for you, GG, Raleigh is where I was thinking Charlotte ain't bad either.

Well, if you ever in Raleigh, let me know.

Sent From Another Galaxy
    Thanked by: