Hi, I'm pretty new to Smart Phone

PhoneGlow

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
My name is Cliff -- Until June 2014, I've been used to using older cell phones, like LG LX125, then I bought a Sprint LG Optimus S™ -- needless to say, this smart phone stuff is a new experience for me. But this particular Smart Phone's Android System is only 2.3.3, so I may buy one of the ZTE ones with version 4.0.

Nice to be with you all and the Android Family!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
My name is Cliff -- Until June 2014, I've been used to using older cell phones, like LG LX125, then I bought a Sprint LG Optimus S™ -- needless to say, this smart phone stuff is a new experience for me. But this particular Smart Phone's Android System is only 2.3.3, so I may buy one of the ZTE ones with version 4.0.

Nice to be with you all and the Android Family!

Welcome to the community!

If you are new, this might be a good thread to visit: http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/399060-guide-getting-started-android-2014-a.html

As always, if you need help with anything or have questions, let us know.

PhoneGlow

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
My History of Phones.
2007 - 2011 iPhone 2G 3G 3GS 4G
2012 - 2013 Samsung Galaxy S3 S4
2014 - Google Nexus 5

I was just curious, LightaDroid, do you know platforms /kernels your previous iPhone and Samsung Galaxy used, i.e. Linux (or something else UNIX-BASED), Mac, Windows, or something else? I'm been using the Linux Kernels for my Computers for over 5 years now, so you can see why I have preferred Android (though it is Linux, the is a SMALL difference in the file structure, a SYSTEM/ directory and I saw at least one filename with the extensions of ".bin" (never knew that filename extension to be that on a Linux operated system)).

Cliff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC