Ex iPhone 4/3GS/3G User!

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Been an iPhone user since the 3G, love the 3GS, and even the iPhone 4 but just got sick of AT&T's network and price gouging. Been a former lurker for quite some time and have have the HTC Evo since August. Haven't looked back since and am loving it.

anotherxyz

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
how do you like the Android platform thus far? any thing you like more than the iPhone? or perhaps some thing that you miss from the iPhone?

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I've gotten used to the Android OS. My phone is rooted with the Sprint Lover's custom ROM. A few things I miss about the iPhone are:

1. Superior Battery Life - Lets not kid ourselves, the battery life on the iPhone 4 is way better without any nonsense tweaks and imported batteries. I can go 15 hours of normal use without charging on my EVO. I can get through a few days on the iPhone 4 without charging.

2. World Phone Capability. I hope the next EVO is World Phone capable as I do a lot of international traveling. Thank god I have a Touch Pro 2 lying around.

3. Apps are still better on the iPhone. When do you think Rage will be on the Android platform and run that smooth? And when will we get real push notifications on the FaceBook app? There's a lot of crap applications on the iPhone, but the quality apps still get an edge over Android as of now. Even Google is building apps for the iPhone. The Google Voice app works great. HOWEVER, I definitely do notice that Android is catching up at a rapid pace.

4. Form Factor - Perfect size, perfect build quality and beautiful screen. Antenna and call quality? SUCKS

5. Integration into Everything - Works great with my Mac, iPad, and Windows 7 devices. Also a ton of accessories that are made specifically for the iPhone.

What I like about Evo / Android / Sprint

1. Notification System - iOS doesn't even come close to how well Android handles this. A big selling point for me.

2. FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE - Pretty self explanatory. I have my Evo setup how I want in terms of sound, icons, widgets and how their arranged. I can even load customized ROMS

3. Much more reliable Network! - Had so much dropped calls on the iPhone, stupid antenna issue on top of the already crappy network. No way to run a business with dropped calls and poor call quality.

4. Wireless '4G' WiFi Tethering - It's like carrying a MiFi device around. Comes in really handy when you need it. And when you can get 4G, it's freakin amazing. I've sent and received huge data files in places with no internet service and it's great.

5. Plans on Sprint are better in Value - $69.99+$10 and getting 27% discount for 450 minutes, unlimited data, text, and any mobile anytime with NW starting at 7?! To hell with AT&T.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc