Newbie Here, Can't Create/Post Thread: "Invalid Thread Specified..."

tackyjan

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello All!!

I am brand new to the site. Just signed up about 20 minutes ago. It looks like this is an amazing site for all things Android! I am sure I will visit here often.
I have a quick question..

I just tried to post a forum message and every time I submit I get the following error message:

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Can anyone tell me why I am getting this error? Are newbies like me not allowed to post new threads?

Thank you,

Jan ;)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello All!!

I am brand new to the site. Just signed up about 20 minutes ago. It looks like this is an amazing site for all things Android! I am sure I will visit here often.
I have a quick question..

I just tried to post a forum message and every time I submit I get the following error message:

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Can anyone tell me why I am getting this error? Are newbies like me not allowed to post new threads?

Thank you,

Jan ;)

Welcome to the forums. Where were you trying to post?

tackyjan

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
At first I clicked the big "Ask A Question" button at the top of the forum list. Then before I submitted the post I selected (I think) the category "Help" or something. I then went directly to the "General Help and How To" forum and tried to post there and got the same error.

Is there somewhere (like in my profile) that I can see my permissions and what I can and can not do on these forums?

Thank you.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
At first I clicked the big "Ask A Question" button at the top of the forum list. Then before I submitted the post I selected (I think) the category "Help" or something. I then went directly to the "General Help and How To" forum and tried to post there and got the same error.

Is there somewhere (like in my profile) that I can see my permissions and what I can and can not do on these forums?

Thank you.

Sorry for the delay. I am getting our Moderator Team leader involved to see what we can figure out. As far as I know, you should be able to post where you are trying to.

tackyjan

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
You might not have to... I just clicked "My Forum Posts" in the account menu and the post was there. I did the same thing earlier and the post wasn't there. Perhaps the server just took a while to process it?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You might not have to... I just clicked "My Forum Posts" in the account menu and the post was there. I did the same thing earlier and the post wasn't there. Perhaps the server just took a while to process it?

Sorry about that. The posts you created were held in moderation by our forum software. Nothing looked out of the ordinary but I guess our forum software filters were being a little over sensitive.

Any further problems posting, feel free to reach out to me.

Paul
Mod Team Leader @ AC.

RootlessAgrarian

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Nother Newbie here. I just had the same Invalid Thread experience, and made a couple of retries -- so you may have 3 or 4 copies of my post! The message is unhelpful, to say the least...

markofied

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I am getting the same error. Its really annoying because I've had to write out my issue numerous times... now I copied it into a word doc so I don't have to write it all out again...

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^In any particular forum, such as this one, tap the + icon-in-a-speech-bubble, to start a thread. Try it for your own Intro thread so that we can welcome you properly. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969