Removing youtube w/o removing google+?

lynyrd54

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi there. I'm new at this so please feel free to tell me when I talk out of turn or something like that! I am trying to get YouTube off of my android phone as somehow it added another email address to it and now my playlists are messed up and it is making my phone crazy. I'm afraid to put it on this laptop as it's brand new and for school. I found from searching you cannot delete youtube w/o deleting google+ also. So, what should I do? Maybe save my google+ photos and then delete it? I MUST KEEP my photos as they are from my dad's funeral of family in September:( Can anyone assist me? Thanks, lynyrd54

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: removing youtube w/o removing google+?

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? YouTube is a Google service, so it will be logged in with whatever Google account your phone is logged into. Where are you seeing this other email address? Is it when you open YouTube, swipe in from the left, and look under your profile pic? Tap the downward pointing arrowhead--how many accounts are listed? You can select the one that you prefer.

To get rid of the unwanted Google account, you need to go to the main system settings, in the Settings>Accounts-Google menu. Do you see more than one Google account there? If so, tap the one you don't want, then tap the menu button at the upper right, and then Remove Account.

There is no way to delete the YouTube app because it is a preinstalled system app (unless you root the phone, which is for more advanced users, so let's not discuss that right now). You can always disable a preinstalled app by going to Settings>Apps>All, selecting the app, and tapping Disable--this prevents it from opening. But you shouldn't have to do this.