Knock Knock - - Hello! I am from Windows Central

D M C

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello! friends

I am Windows Phone user and I don't own any Android phone(I hope this doesn't offend Forum rules) but I am planning switch to Android. So,
I am here because I want users opinion to buy my First Android phone.

Thank you :cool:

N_LaRUE

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
What kind of specs are you after? Price range? Availability where you live?

Being an ex WP user myself (but still owning a WP to check out updates) I think I may be able to help some.

I can also tell you the MS services are great on Android.

D M C

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Price Range upto $400
Specs - Good for gaming and multi-tasking
Country - India

Obviously I know price range isn't enough but this is all I can spend on smartphone.
I am looking for a phone which have
- decent battery life
- Update support

I know a have very limited option
like Nexus 5 (it doesn't have good battery)
Samsung Galaxy s4 (old phone but have decent specs but doubt OS updates)

Now I am left with OnePlus One.
If this phone successor is announce or launch with next two months then I'll wait or else I am planning to buy phone in April.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello and welcome to green robot territory! 🙋
I use a couple of WP Nokia Lumias myself....you'll find that a lot of us don't restrict ourselves to Android. You'll also find that there's a wider range of devices available in Android, including some interesting new devices due to appear soon. Worth waiting till they've made their appearance, perhaps.
Anyhoo, enjoy! 😊

Posted via the Android Central App

N_LaRUE

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Price Range upto $400
Specs - Good for gaming and multi-tasking
Country - India

Obviously I know price range isn't enough but this is all I can spend on smartphone.
I am looking for a phone which have
- decent battery life
- Update support

I know a have very limited option
like Nexus 5 (it doesn't have good battery)
Samsung Galaxy s4 (old phone but have decent specs but doubt OS updates)

Now I am left with OnePlus One.
If this phone successor is announce or launch with next two months then I'll wait or else I am planning to buy phone in April.

I've heard great things about the 1+1, including the camera and battery life. Like all phones there can be issues from time to time.

It really depends if you're after the latest and greatest or don't mind something a touch old. If you have a touch more to spend (or could find it on sale somewhere) I'd highly recommend the Sony Z3 Compact for great battery and so on and their interface is almost vanilla Android. Sony support is good. They've taken their time with Lollipop but that's not a bad thing. It's basically the Z3 but smaller.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello DMC, welcome to the forums at Android Central! 🙋

You should check the phones you like with the specs you want.

Make a comparison and check all the pros and cons.

That'll help you get the phone you really need.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. You could look at opening another line on your account. It may not add that much more to the total bill. Then, at least you could get more options.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi there!! Welcome to the Forums! And no, no rules against being here without an Android. Most of us are members in other forums as well (Crackberry and iMore for me :) ).

It's always good to have other points of view from other platforms, and some new features and ideas can stem from that :)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
We welcome any all visitors and new members to our forum. I have used WindowsPhone several times, and the phones were pretty solid for me, I just didn't like the Tile OS but other than that they worked well.

1+1 would be a nice option for you and if you can wait a bit they should be offering a new model and perhaps offering their current model at a discount as well.

Not sure if you have access to any of the Chinese OEM's that are popping up, they seem to be putting out some solid offerings at really cheap prices. The Android phones in the last 2 years still have microSD most of the newer ones have moved away from it given Google's direction since KitKat. Don't forget to check out eBay (if that's an option) you may be able to find some deals there as well.

D M C

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. You could look at opening another line on your account. It may not add that much more to the total bill. Then, at least you could get more options.

If I can add little more the I would have bought Nexus 6.
But I can't. $400 that's it.
Resources are limited
That is why I am here to take advise from you guys to spend my resources wisely.
Thanks;)

Last edited:

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
The battery life on the OnePlus One is amazing!
You might also want to give the Meizu MX4 Pro a try as well.
I have both and they are pretty amazing, especially in terms of battery life and camera performance.

D M C

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
The battery life on the OnePlus One is amazing!
You might also want to give the Meizu MX4 Pro a try as well.
I have both and they are pretty amazing, especially in terms of battery life and camera performance.

Just one question
Do Meizu phone ever get updates?

I checked this phone it isn't available in my country.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Just one question
Do Meizu phone ever get updates?

I checked this phone it isn't available in my country.

The one I have is running KitKat 4.4.4 and is rumoured to get Lollipop in the next few weeks. Their skin FlyMe is probably one of the better Android UI skins...

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Not one responder, not one, asked.... "Who's There....?"

I am ashamed. 

I said hello in Crackberry without a device and no one ate me alive there.

Welcome to Android Central.

D M C who?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power