Are you coming from Blackberry? (4 others also!)

beantown

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi...i just wanted to say that i too am a former blackberry owner, two of them to be exact. I first had the Blackberry 8900, but that didn't last to long, it was my first smartphone and it was only wifi, which became ever bothersome. I quickly changed over to the Blackberry Tour 9630 the Verizon version, personally I didn't mind this phone execpt for 2 things: the trackball which in the end caused me to get two of those phones and finally the mobile only websites..i made the switch to the HTC EVO 4G shortly after its release, and have been satisfied ever since. I love all of the extra screen compared to the Tours', and the fact I get the full internet experience on this phone. If I only have one gripe about being on an Android device, I would have to say is the quality of apps in the marketplace and the lackluster support by some of the more reputable mobile third party companies. I'm hoping by the time my contract is up that will have changed and will keep me wanting to further my desire to stay on an Android supported phone. I'll finish by saying that I do LOVE my phone and am very thankful to a buddy of mine who introduced me to such a great site! Thank you to all of you behind the scenes for making this site possible!

marlonclayborn

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Transfer/upgrade

hi im a new user ( been using the droid x for two months now) but very impressed, coming from the storm2 also, been using blackberry for years, and am very happy i upgraded. BLACKBERRY WHO??????????? thanks for the post very informative

cambrosio#AC

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Great article. I am looking forward to getting my Droid in the mail on Monday and can't wait to get started on it. It was time to switch from Blackberry after all these years.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone. I'm a long time BlackBerry user (dating back to the 950) and will be making the switch to Android soon. I figured that I should move to Android Central and learn about the platform before settling on a specific device.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone. I'm a long time BlackBerry user (dating back to the 950) and will be making the switch to Android soon. I figured that I should move to Android Central and learn about the platform before settling on a specific device.

HI NotJustAPhone! You are going to love Android. There are MANY devices and all the carriers. You can see what people think of the devices by reading the conversation about them in the phone's forums. Hopefully you will find a device that will be perfect for you.

grahamf

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi I originally had the Storm 9530 which after killing and replacing it thre times due to water damage had started to act up. I was on a pearl 9100 that I got cheap used for a while, but it died so I went back to the Storm. It was still broken so two days ago i got the cheapest smartphone available to replace it, which was a Motorola DEXT (cliq). I've already have it rooted, overclocked, and with adelxmod's ?claire on it. I'm still deciding if I like android or not, but I deinately like the adaffix (reverse look up whice someone is calling you) app I found as I've never seen a version for blackberry.

musthavemuzk

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
currently in transition in more ways then one. alltel is my carrier. on my second BB (8330m and now a 9630). just moved to cedar rapids, ia from thief river falls, mn. att bought alltel where i just moved from.

earlier this week i placed the order for a captivate as we had to order phones for the transition. amongst the free choices was the torch and captivate. of course the iphone, but that was not free. the torch was out of the question as i knew i was not staying BB. so i went with the captivate as it was the best free phone and i had been curious about android. now i can try android free.

so i am transitioning from alltel to att due to a buyout.
moving to android from BB.
and my home has changed as well.

i am excited about this move to android. over the 2 yrs i have had a BB i have just gotten more and more frustrated with it. battery pulls, the waiting for timer to stop thinking so i can do something. the long load times of the browser. dont get me wrong i do like some things about BB. overall though i have had it with BB.

so i am hear to learn about android so when i do get my captivate i am fairly ready for it.
i dont have plans to root or anything like that. i just want the phone to do what it does. i want to make it mine and do things i want it to do.
will keep reading and if i have questions i know where to go

Monty

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I hope to in March when my upgrade comes leaving my BB Tour 9630 behind.

I will however wait for the right device be it the Bionic or even Thunderbolt. I would hope when they are both in the VZW store together I can make a side by side comparrison and make my choice then.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
currently in transition in more ways then one. alltel is my carrier. on my second BB (8330m and now a 9630). just moved to cedar rapids, ia from thief river falls, mn. att bought alltel where i just moved from.

earlier this week i placed the order for a captivate as we had to order phones for the transition. amongst the free choices was the torch and captivate. of course the iphone, but that was not free. the torch was out of the question as i knew i was not staying BB. so i went with the captivate as it was the best free phone and i had been curious about android. now i can try android free.

so i am transitioning from alltel to att due to a buyout.
moving to android from BB.
and my home has changed as well.

i am excited about this move to android. over the 2 yrs i have had a BB i have just gotten more and more frustrated with it. battery pulls, the waiting for timer to stop thinking so i can do something. the long load times of the browser. dont get me wrong i do like some things about BB. overall though i have had it with BB.

so i am hear to learn about android so when i do get my captivate i am fairly ready for it.
i dont have plans to root or anything like that. i just want the phone to do what it does. i want to make it mine and do things i want it to do.
will keep reading and if i have questions i know where to go

Monty

That is unfair. When we went to choose our AT&T phone I asked them about the Captivate and they said it wasn't free. They said I had to pay extra. Dang Alltel cheating me out of a decent Android device.
Oh well I have moved on to T-Mobile and a Nexus S. Oh and here is a Future Welcome to Android!

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I just left BB for Android over this past weekend. After months of research and more research, waiting to see if and when any new Android phones would be released that we really like, even contemplating waiting for the iPhone with Verizon...we finally settled on the HTC Incredible. So we went to the local Verizon shop, and we both walked out with...the Samsung Continuum. It was never even on our radar. But for some reason, we both loved it. So far, we are loving the whole new world of Android. There are a few minor things I'm hoping to change on my phone if possible (why do all the different programs/applications keep starting back up after I've shut them down with Task Killer?). We are looking forward to all the fun we will have learning and playing with these little monsters.

musthavemuzk

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
i looked in early december at what phone choices i had before me. i liked none of them. at that time the best option was the BB 8520 (i think) for a free device. i said i will wait. besides i didnt have to choose til end of january. so i waited. i looked just before the new year and nothing new yet. so i looked a cpl days before i had to have my choice made and cool i now had actual choices that were not a step down from my current phone. i could have went with their recomended BB torch or the aria or the captivate. or pay for the iphone.
i debated about 5 minutes that i was gonna give att a shot as well as i was gonna go with android. i figured for free i can try both att in my new area as well as android. with alltel as my carrier i have been using vzw towers and have no complaints so far. so i figured for free i would give the others a go.
after a little lookin at specs and such i knew the aria was not for me. i wanted the bigger screen faster proc and better lookin screen of the captivate vs the aria. i just hope 2.2 comes soon. though i keep being told i need to root it when i get it and be done. idk about that.

Monty

xoxSarahxox

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Ive been usin my Android (HTC Desire) for just over a month now and love it! I had a Blackberry 8320 beforehand, the only things I miss are Ubertwitter and bein able to do a screen capture

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18