Hi from a forum newbie.

Haz_Matt

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I've been using Android phones for a few years now. I started with a cheap Strait Talk android phone. I was disappointed to learn that strait talk's unlimited plan was not unlimited. Not only was I idled, I was completely shut down for the last week or two of each cycle.

I switched to Sprint's unlimited data plan and I've been using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for almost 2 years. The Note 2 has been my "do it all" device.

Things have been great and I have yet to experience any data limitations or idling with sprint even after breaking 100gb in a month. I average 80+ gb per month.

The biggest downfall is the limited screen size of smart phones, even the larger phones. This has lead me to wonder if I could use a full on tablet as my "do it all" device...including using it as a phone, with my current Sprint plan, without changing my phone number or needing to download a special app.

Well, that's what had lead me to this forum. Hopefully, I did not cause anyone's eyes to start bleeding with all this text to read ;)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello and welcome to Android C! 🙋
I believe that there are indeed tablets available that would suit your needs. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Many places in Europe use a tablet, and then a Bluetooth headset for calls. So its not out of the ordinary.

From an AOSP M8
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hard to say.... I don't know how many full tablets come with the phone radios you'd need to make calls (Other than something like Hangouts...).

Welcome to AC

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC and WOW thats a lot of data. One thing to keep in mind with Sprint is even they have hinted that Unlimited won't be that way forever so just keep an eye on the winds of change.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781