Greetings from the Frozen Tundra, a.k.a., Georgia, US

techno_techie

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm Erin, and new to the forums here. I purchased a Samsung Fascinate the third of Jan. (it's my first smartphone, since, I'm, well, cheap). I knew when I got it that I wanted to root it and debloat it, so I'm very glad to have stumbled on AC and the people here - I must have read 150 posts in the first 3 days of being on the site! Amazingly talented people on here and XDA.

I'm a graduate student in an Masters of Science Info Sys program. I'm excited to learn more about anything tech related, and this is a new realm for me. I've tinkered with my fair share of electronics and computers, especially, but never with phones, so this has been a quick education. I haven't taken a C++ class or Java class since I was in high school, but I'm so glad I did take them, since I had to use adb in the android sdk to tinker around. So glad to be here - nice to meet you all. :)

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Welcome go AC.
Very helpful place to get info on your device. Maybe one of these days, we can see some apps from you.

techno_techie

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!

P.S. RHChan84, I'm still in my 30-day period for the Fascinate...and I didn't look into getting the X. Got any major pros/cons for the device that might warrant a switch?

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Congratz on your new phone if theres one thing that would make u wanna switch your fascinate for a different phone its the fact that it still doesnt have froyo (2.2) but i hear the facsinate is one of the fastest phones out there and should be getting the update "soon"

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
HI, techno_techie.
WELCOME to Android Central and the forums.

It's nice to see you on board.

Enjoy the forums. See ya around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC