Tech Enthusiast: From Windows Phone to Android

TrophyNostalgia

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, ;)

Looking to jump into the Android community. Finally got on my own plan and was in the process of switching from Verizon Wireless to T-Mobile, so I needed to get a new phone. Coming from an HTC One (M8) for Windows to an LG G4 and am excited to try out all the new things! Interested in experimenting with the different carriers/OSes and engaging with this awesome community.

Cheers!

P.S. If you have any stellar recommendations for an Android noob, send them my way. The beginner's guides in the forums have been most helpful.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android! I must admit, with the release of Windows 10 I'm tempted to check a WP out just to see what they brought to the game, but still, prefer Android so far.

And I see your first Android phone is the G4! Awesome phone with a stellar camera! :D

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!

Enjoy and have fun!

Sent From my Gold Platinum Galaxy S6 Edge

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, ;)

Looking to jump into the Android community. Finally got on my own plan and was in the process of switching from Verizon Wireless to T-Mobile, so I needed to get a new phone. Coming from an HTC One (M8) for Windows to an LG G4 and am excited to try out all the new things! Interested in experimenting with the different carriers/OSes and engaging with this awesome community.

Cheers!

P.S. If you have any stellar recommendations for an Android noob, send them my way. The beginner's guides in the forums have been most helpful.

Welcome to the forums. When you get comfortable with the OS, I would try out Nova launcher.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi and welcome to AndroidCentral.

I'm also a former Windows Phone user.

If you liked the Windows Phone WordFlow keyboard, then my recommendation for Android is SwiftKey.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Welcome, l am a dual OS user. WP for Phone and Android for tablet. I also use a Xiaomi Mi Note Pro on my 3rd phone line. The LG4 is a nice device.

TrophyNostalgia

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi and welcome to AndroidCentral.

I'm also a former Windows Phone user.

If you liked the Windows Phone WordFlow keyboard, then my recommendation for Android is SwiftKey.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
So many keyboards and customizations to explore with Android. It can be both a joy and headache! Right now I'm rocking the Google keyboard, but I'll have to check this out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress