1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New to Android..........have a lot to learn.

I guess the first step will be getting the phone rooted.

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

I'm new too. the best advice I can give you is to read, read, read ..... yeah I know its alot give yourself a break and maybe go to youtube and watch a couple of vids on what u r tryn to do worked for me.. after that come back and read , read , and read... if u got any problems or Q's ask tha forum someone is always here to help.....READ READ READ
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

I don't think that's the first step. Get to know the phone first, and know it well. Then read up on how to root. And again. Then root!

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisy View Post
    I don't think that's the first step. Get to know the phone first, and know it well. Then read up on how to root. And again. Then root!
    If he wants to root his phone I think he already knows the phone. and to get to know his phone he still must read and have hands on with. It. * mind over matter * READ, READ , READ

Welcome to Android Central.

Happy to have you here with us. This might assist you. http://www.androidcentral.com/root

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Thats's what I did. I didn't even use my phone stock for more than a couple of minutes. I rooted it as soon as I got home. Happy trails.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Welcome to the forums. At least spend a few weeks before rooting. I waited 3.

Welcome to A/C. That was one of the first thing I did as well. But then again, I've been around Android devices long enough to help others out and I didn't even have the device.
    Droid RAZR MAXX/Xoom/4510 LTE MiFi
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    Welcome to the forums. At least spend a few weeks before rooting. I waited 3.
    Just spent some time watching some vid links you posted in the rooting section. Very helpful. Thanks.

welcome
    it is what it is....