1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hey everyone

I technically signed up for Android Central back around CES when all of the new Android phones were announced but my first post was today in the Thunderbolt forum. I came from the Crackberry forums where I am known as VideoEngineerAJS.

I'm a current BlackBerry Storm owner on Verizon and I've been elligible to upgrade since October. I know I want to stick with Verizon and get a Droid, it's just a matter of whether I want the Bionic or the Thunderbolt. I was all about the Bionic, but a lot of things that weren't previously known about the Thunderbolt have come to the surface and they intrigue me a bit.

Anyway, I guess it depends on the release date of the Bionic. If it's only a month and a half or 2 months from the Thunderbolt release date I'll probably wait on the Bionic, unless my Storm dies before then.

Is there anything else that people would like to know?

What are the "things that weren't previously known about the Thunderbolt"? Am I missing something?

I also have the BB Storm 2 and I've been dying to leave BB...just waiting for the right android to jump. I'm definitely staying with big red and I've been going back and forth between the Thunderbolt and Bionic but I think the specs of the Bionic are little better. I really don't care much about the locked bootloader thing because I don't anticipate rooting or anything else like that. Wish we could have more updates on this phone...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well I wasn't aware of the simultaneous voice and data over 3G until last week. Of course this wouldn't really matter a whole lot to me given the fact that where I live and where my family lives are both in LTE coverage areas, but it is still kind of cool.

I just hope I don't have to wait until May or June for the Bionic. That's part of my indecision right now.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Welcome to the forums.... they will both be great devices.............. especially compared to the Storm.

Hi, WebDevAnalyst.

Welcome to Android Central.

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

Quote Originally Posted by WebDevAnalyst View Post
    Well I wasn't aware of the simultaneous voice and data over 3G until last week. Of course this wouldn't really matter a whole lot to me given the fact that where I live and where my family lives are both in LTE coverage areas, but it is still kind of cool.

I just hope I don't have to wait until May or June for the Bionic. That's part of my indecision right now.
    Side note: 3G/SVDO requires device and tower to both support it. Simultaneous 3G over CDMA will only work if Vzw updates their towers.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory puzzle game for Android. ( Google Play - Amazon Appstore )