New android user! iPhone 3g to Galaxy Tab

Plazmo#AC

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

Just wanted to introduce myself.

I was an iPhone 3g user for a few years and actually loved it. Bought a quite a few apps for it and was happy with it.

Then ios 4 came out... All of a sudden my snappy phone was reduced to a lagtastic paperweight. Most of the apps I purchased weren't worth running as they took too long to load or would simply crash if they did load.

I don't know but I think going from installing an app in 45 seconds to taking over a day (Google Voice) is kind of ridiculous. :-\

This all happened around the release of the iPhone 4... I know a phone can do less as it gets older but I expect it to be able to run the apps I already had!

Well, they lost me as a customer.

Instead of renewing my contract and upgrading to an iPhone 4, I've decided to go the Android route instead.

I'm planning on trying out a tab as a phone since I've heard some people like it and I don't actually use my phone for talking too much. Mostly im's, texts, gps, web browsing and as a hotspot :p

So, I'm hoping to have fun with my new android device and love this site for the wealth of information it provides!

Plazmo#AC

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the welcomes!

I plan to try using it as a phone. It's arriving on Monday via UPS.
Also saves me from having to pay for minutes. I've used skype in the past when my iPhone worked and it was pretty good.

Worst comes to worst, I get a cheapo prepaid phone.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the family! We're not as dysfunctional over here! :p

I've been looking at the tabs but I think I'm going to hold out for a 10in honeycomb tablet