new from WebOS

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Every PDA and smartphone I've ever had was a Palm product. But, they've walked away from the WebOS early adopters, and I feel like H-P/Palm management are clueless, so it's on to Android!

Feels a little strange, though...

My brand new Atrix is in the charger, now!

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Just give it a little time, I'm sure you will get used to it! Im jealous of your phone but not your carrier :p

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the welcomes and the advice.

I realize that there's a learning curve, but as a biker, I find I handle curves well!

Re: the ATT network, I've been on Sprint, Verizon, and ATT, and I have to tell you that my best experience has been on ATT. Obviously, so much depends upon your location, your phone, and even the time of day. I guess I've just been lucky! I'm in my 6th year on ATT, and no, I don't work for them!!

We shall see how the Atrix does. I've observed all the cell towers in my area have now been equipped with the backhaul dishes, for the so-called "4G", but I dunno whether they are lit up, yet.

mflauer#AC

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I was feeling like an orphan despite all the Preware add-ons (which I miss). I have to say after 4 weeks of android use it's wonderful in terms of support, quality of hardware (Epic 4G) and functions but I still miss the swipe flexibility of the Pre. So far I still think the multitasking was better with the Pre too but maybe it's because I'm still learning.

mflauer#AC

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
New from Pre

Same here re release Pre 6/2009. I was feeling like an orphan despite all the Preware add-ons (which I miss). I have to say after 4 weeks of android use it's wonderful in terms of support, quality of hardware (Epic 4G) and functions but I still miss the swipe flexibility of the Pre. So far I still think the multitasking was better with the Pre too but maybe it's because I'm still learning.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Same here re release Pre 6/2009. I was feeling like an orphan despite all the Preware add-ons (which I miss). I have to say after 4 weeks of android use it's wonderful in terms of support, quality of hardware (Epic 4G) and functions but I still miss the swipe flexibility of the Pre. So far I still think the multitasking was better with the Pre too but maybe it's because I'm still learning.
Hi, welcome to Android Central forum.

It's nice to have you on board. Tap the link in my signature for some tips & tricks.

Enjoy. :)

housetube

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
See if this link works better, just searched for it and thought i'd share. I'm a launch day pre owner and will switch as soon as the EVO 3D is out.

"http://forum.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/33254-palm-webos-homebrewers-guide-android.html"
Try cutting and pasting this address minus the quotes ^