Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Yo AC Forums!!!

I'm a blackberry Tour user patiently (not anymore) waiting on my Thunderbolt. Just wanted to pop in for my 1st post.

I'll be back often to learn new tips and tricks b'c I like to squeeze every ounce of tech out of my devices. That's the main reason I'm switching to the Droid platform, BB has become too boring.

Can't wait for the fun...
    BB Tour waiting on Thunderbolt

Global Posts
    2,653 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

Glad to have you on board! Welcome to Android Central!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks Runs with scissors.

Putting my keyboard away is a bit scary but I'm a big boy, I hope to get used to it quickly. I know there are a bunch of keyboarded Androids but I want to go AlL in....

Global Posts
    2,653 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

I know what you mean! I had the bold 9000, which was the king of keyboards! I'm pretty good with the swype keyboard now; using it to compose this post actually!

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

Oh shoot fire i have been negligent, that call me papa or papa54 i'll answer to about anything, i was a mod in the past in a satelite site and well lets say that all went south.. My #2 son showed me his Captivate and that made me want one, but being with Verizon and all other signals being bad here i stayed with a Fascinate.. i love the phone and was in one of those tizzy modes as my wife calls em and plum forgot to say hello. so hello everyone and i am open to any and all sugestions . rather good or bad..
    it sometimes takes me awhile to get my co-ordinations in line,
    hello to all and thx to all who showed me the roadway to get things done.
    i wont forget it...

Global Posts
    2,653 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

Quote Originally Posted by papa54 View Post
    Oh shoot fire i have been negligent, that call me papa or papa54 i'll answer to about anything, i was a mod in the past in a satelite site and well lets say that all went south.. My #2 son showed me his Captivate and that made me want one, but being with Verizon and all other signals being bad here i stayed with a Fascinate.. i love the phone and was in one of those tizzy modes as my wife calls em and plum forgot to say hello. so hello everyone and i am open to any and all sugestions . rather good or bad..
    it sometimes takes me awhile to get my co-ordinations in line,
    hello to all and thx to all who showed me the roadway to get things done.
    i wont forget it...
    Welcome to the forums!

My username is john_v, and I approve this message.

(This signature has been inspected and found to meet all Mobile Nations Guidelines and FDA Guidelines for freshness and quality. Inspected by #52)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Runs with scissors View Post
    I know what you mean! I had the bold 9000, which was the king of keyboards! I'm pretty good with the swype keyboard now; using it to compose this post actually!
    I'm looking forward to swype, the video is cool. So do you do the one hand thumb move or the one finger swype?

Global Posts
    2,653 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

Quote Originally Posted by skateoroma View Post
    I'm looking forward to swype, the video is cool. So do you do the one hand thumb move or the one finger swype?
    More accurate with the finger but will alternate between both when I'm typing long messages.

My username is john_v, and I approve this message.

(This signature has been inspected and found to meet all Mobile Nations Guidelines and FDA Guidelines for freshness and quality. Inspected by #52)

Welcome to A/C. A lot of ex-BB users in here.
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Welcome to AC ... enjoy the forums. Plenty of ex BB users here including myself.

ex BBer here too! welcome to the site! you won't regret the switch.
    I didn't fight to get to the top of the food-chain to eat vegetables!!
    GO TARHEELS!!!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    Welcome to A/C. A lot of ex-BB users in here.
    Yo, so how is life without a BB. I used to be on the sister site crackberry.com everyday, but I'll be spending more time here now.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by highjakker View Post
    ex BBer here too! welcome to the site! you won't regret the switch.
    Thx highjakker, I'm gearing up now. Need to sync my contacts to outlook export, then import to gmail so I can get my contact ready to sync with the droid. Gmail sync via the blackberry gsync app was some crap so my contacts are different between by phone and gmail.

I haven't used outlook in about 3 years so my BB and backups are the only place I have updated contacts.

How did you go about the switch?