Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just got my first Droid phone

I just got an HTC Inspire. Looking forward to learning how to properly make best use of it. Thanks for the site. Bill

Hi, aabillthecat.
    Welcome to Android Central.

I have posted a helpful link below. Read up on it.

Enjoy the forum.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/gene...ps-tricks.html
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks for the nice welcome. I've been looking around the site, can't find the answer to what seems to me to be a simple question. How do I play video on an Inspire. Right now I've got 8 gigs of memory. I would like part of that memory to be used to import videos from my computer and play them on my phone. Doing the music was easy. What's up with the 7 steps to Bacon about playing vid files? Thanks for any help. Bill

Did you read through the entire thread?

Newbie too but welcome aabillthecat
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Default Video

Rushrl, I am a complete and total newbie to anything Android. When you say, "have I read through the entire thread?", I can only ask which thread? Tips and Tricks? I would love to learn all I can about this system. I can spend days/nights on the forum to do just that. When I've gathered enough knowledge I'm going to root the thing. From what I've read so far it seems like the place to start. Thanks. bill

welcome to the site! lots of great info and good help here.
    I didn't fight to get to the top of the food-chain to eat vegetables!!
    GO TARHEELS!!!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Answering my own question. After a couple of hours of research and expirementation I figured it out. I had the misfortune to load a video clip in a format that Inspire doesn't support. So when I went to the built-in video player it didn't "see" it. That led me to thinking I needed some kind of external app. Turns out that the built-in video player plays mp4, avi, and wmv just fine. It does not play flv or mpg. Anyway, I guess the reason I didn't find much info about this is because the answer was so simple noone thought it necessary to post anything about it. Growing pains:-) Thanks, Bill