Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    853 Global Posts

Default Giving it a go finally...

Hello, yesterday, I set aside my BlackBerry Bold and picked up a Droid X. So I hope I'll adjust okay. The set up was simple but my PIM integration wad messy. Way messy. I didn't mind linking my gmail account (I don't use it very often) but I was hoping I could stop the contact sync before I tied in my hosted exchange account. Yikes...a bunch of old out of date data and it is all stacked with the current stuff....

So, that was my only real hiccup. I'm loving the features that have made Android so popular - like the voice recognition, browser, general ease of use.

Any suggestions to assist with seven home screens and the "busy" nature? All in all just going through the motions. Cheers!

Hi, Gawain.
    Welcome to Android Central.

Happy to have you on board. You can learn more about the transitioning from BB to Android. Tap on the posted link below.

http://www.androidcentral.com/jumpin...-you-need-know

Welcome Gawain

Global Posts
    4,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

Welcome to the group. Quite a few of us on here from the BB world. You'll find a lot of help around here!
    RuneCryption - Unique memory puzzle game for Android. ( Google Play - Amazon Appstore )
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    853 Global Posts

Before I throw this thing through the window, which forum am I likely to find information about the Yahoo! IM app along with known issues, and what-not? I search and the search engines for this thread design brings up everything including the kitchen sink...

welcome to the site! i'm also new to the X (about 2 months) from the BB curve.
    I didn't fight to get to the top of the food-chain to eat vegetables!!
    GO TARHEELS!!!
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain View Post

Any suggestions to assist with seven home screens and the "busy" nature? All in all just going through the motions. Cheers!
    Welcome to AC... I was also lost when first switching from BB to the DX.... what do I do with all these screens? What helped me a lot was going through the "post your DroidX screens" thread. There's a lot of good ideas in there to get you started on ways to set up the screens. If you see a set-up you like or Widgets that you like... just ask what they are. Everyone's very friendly and more than happy to share their set-up with you.
    Enjoy the forums..http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...x-screens.html
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain View Post
    Before I throw this thing through the window, which forum am I likely to find information about the Yahoo! IM app along with known issues, and what-not? I search and the search engines for this thread design brings up everything including the kitchen sink...
    Setting up email:http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...l-account.html

Other alternatives if you're not happy with Yahoos IM app:http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...nger-apps.html
    That's what I found with a quick search. Spend some time reading through the forums. If you don't find an answer to your question... just ask. Post your questions in the correct forums so more people will see it. Not many people will see your questions in an introduction thread.
    Enjoy the forums..