1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Daydream Believer

ROM
    Victorious

Default What a Difference an Android Makes!

I purchased my first Android phone last week, the VirginMobile Optimus V, and I am loving it! I was using a BB 8800 series, and there wasn't much I would call smart about it. I refused to join the iPhone zombie nation, the thought of overpaying for a device that is intentionally dumbed-down by the manufacturer is too much to bear. I loved having the BB's email/messaging, and thought I would miss the BB keyboard (Swype is amazing), but I am head over hills for Android now (and thanks to VM's service, I'm saving $40/month off my old T-Mobile BB plan).

For those nervous about Rooting and ROMs, relax! I found all the info I needed in these forums with just a couple of hours of browsing (one hour is all that's really needed, but I like to triple check info in forums).

Thanks to everyone here who helps, and a HUGE thanks to the developers who have taken the time to create these amazing ROMs that allow us to do so much more than any iPhone ever will!
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

Welcome to AC!

Welcome to A/C. Double and Triple checking is good and if it makes you feel more comfortable with doing ROMS, it will be good.
    Droid RAZR MAXX/Xoom/4510 LTE MiFi

Hi, JerryScript.

Wwellccome to the forum. :-)

welcome to the site!
    I didn't fight to get to the top of the food-chain to eat vegetables!!
    GO TARHEELS!!!

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

Welcome to the group!

Jumping from the 8800 is quite a leap! I thought moving from the 8830WE to the Tour was a nice step up.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory puzzle game for Android. ( Google Play - Amazon Appstore )
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Welcome aboard... enjoy the forums..
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Daydream Believer

ROM
    Victorious

Thanks everyone!

The 8800 was a bonus from my boss, and I was made fun of by everyone for owning a "smart phone without a camera!" But what can you do when your boss bought it for you?

Now I can hold my head high and proud! lol