New member here!

Chaud227

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Hey!

A little about myself- the last two phones I've used have been the Note 3, followed by the Note 4. I felt the Note 3 was awesome and I found it super reliable for the year or so I used it. Paying attention to the specs of the Note 4 upon release, I felt that upgrading was unnecessary- however I then found myself switching carriers, and had the chance to trade in my Note 3 for a Note 4 for little cost. At this point I'm pretty sure I made a bad decision, as my Note 4 just "wore out" over the span of this last month (fully kicking the bucket today), after a year of use like so many others, in my head I imagine my Note 3 still going strong if I hadn't switched. >.>

Something interesting about the process of my Note 4 going bad- I was having freezes and reboots, particularly when waking my phone from the lock screen. Read something short on the internet about an app called "Wake Lock" fixing someones problem with their phone, installed the app and set it to "Partial wake lock" which kept the cpu from going fully idle while the phone is asleep, and it actually made the phone work pretty much flawlessly- bought me another month or so, at least. The phone would still not want to start up (had to pull battery and hold power down to discharge 15-20 times if the phone died) and would act funky until I got the app open and running. Can't figure out for the life of me how and why it worked in whatever was wrong with my phone.

Anyhow, I'm thinking the plan is going to be to buy an unlocked Note 3. I'm not generally in the position to spend too much on my cellphones, but I also do appreciate a well spec'd phablet. Any thoughts?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the AC Forums! The Note line has always been a very nice one, and it keeps phones pretty competitive even with 'outdated' specs, so even a Note 3 should hold up nicely today! Personally I go for the latest and greatest (usually because I get the lease options), but I always keep coming back to the Note since the II.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:p To Chaud227: We welcome to android.central.com
We respect your loyalty to SG-Note3. But we can Not stick
forever to older models. We either lost or damage the device
or don't get anymore Updates. So hope enjoy the Forums-Bye

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome! And nice username - parlez-vous francais?

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your Note 4! You know my mom got a Samsung Galaxy S4 about two years ago and used it all the time; and never wanted to upgrade. It worked well and she didn't see the need to do so. And she probably wouldn't have upgraded for a long time had she not dropped it. What I'm saying is, if you like the Note 3, go for it! Any Note or Samsung product will serve you well, IMO. I have a lot of respect for them. They make good phones.

Be sure to tell us what you've decided!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!

You should've exchange the phone within your 14 day period (if you're in the US).
Samsung gives you a year of warranty.
Have you contacted them yet about your Note 4?

In any case, that phone was probably a lemon, so many people love their Note 4s and wouldn't change them for the world.

I never had a Note 4 so I can't speak from experience, only what I've seen or heard about it from family, friends and the forums.

Good luck on your next device!
Let us know what you get and how you like it.

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hope you can get your issues ironed out...

Welcome to AC.

Best bet is to go haunt the device forums, fishing for information.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey!

A little about myself- the last two phones I've used have been the Note 3, followed by the Note 4. I felt the Note 3 was awesome and I found it super reliable for the year or so I used it. Paying attention to the specs of the Note 4 upon release, I felt that upgrading was unnecessary- however I then found myself switching carriers, and had the chance to trade in my Note 3 for a Note 4 for little cost. At this point I'm pretty sure I made a bad decision, as my Note 4 just "wore out" over the span of this last month (fully kicking the bucket today), after a year of use like so many others, in my head I imagine my Note 3 still going strong if I hadn't switched. >.>

Something interesting about the process of my Note 4 going bad- I was having freezes and reboots, particularly when waking my phone from the lock screen. Read something short on the internet about an app called "Wake Lock" fixing someones problem with their phone, installed the app and set it to "Partial wake lock" which kept the cpu from going fully idle while the phone is asleep, and it actually made the phone work pretty much flawlessly- bought me another month or so, at least. The phone would still not want to start up (had to pull battery and hold power down to discharge 15-20 times if the phone died) and would act funky until I got the app open and running. Can't figure out for the life of me how and why it worked in whatever was wrong with my phone.

Anyhow, I'm thinking the plan is going to be to buy an unlocked Note 3. I'm not generally in the position to spend too much on my cellphones, but I also do appreciate a well spec'd phablet. Any thoughts?

Welcome to Android Central!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12