Hello ! New to android !

patcherd

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Hello folks ! My name is Pat and I am looking forward to what I hope is an enjoyable experience with android. Waiting on the delivery today of my BLU VIVO 5R.

Hopefully I will get help with some questions I will ask...even dumb questions LOL!

Thanks !

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Very warm welcome to AndroidCentral Pat!

There are no such things as dumb questions. Hope to see you around in the forums.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello Pat and welcome aboard!
Matty is correct...all questions are welcome, from the most basic upwards. :)

patcherd

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Thanks everyone ! Been on windows for the last 4 years and now want to give android a real try. Good to have choices.

Thanks again !

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
@Pat welcome to ACentral-Forums : LoL dumb or clever
questions are answered in 5mins,.Hehe! - Try on soon
and compare WPhone & Android..Send feedback

Last edited:

patcherd

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
So far I have had 4 days with the BLU VIVO 5R and am really liking this phone. I have modest needs in a device that are just making and receiving calls, text, and watching videos.

Compared to my Lumia 950, the camera on the BLU is actually quite good,...not as good as the 950 but the closest to it I have used from a non Lumia phone. Very decent camera and has been a good experience so far.

I have to figure out how to post pictures because I would like to post some images from the BLU VIVO 5R. I'm pretty impressed with it's 13 MP camera with sony optics. Good stuff.

Picked up the BLU Vivo for $199 on Amazon and so far has been worth every penny. Don't know if it will get the nougat update though as I have heard BLU is not good with updates. We will see.

I was not a big app user but there are apps on android I would like to have that Windows didn't have or i couldn't find a third party equivalent.

Learning of all the different ways to customize the BLU. The fingerprint sensor on the back works every time.

I'm actually waiting though to see what NOKIA will bring, can't wait for that.

I still like Windows for the user interface and the live tiles and the fact you can pin web pages to your start screen.

Why not have the best of both worlds right ?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi Pat and welcome to Android Central. :)

You might have seen me around Windows Central. I've been using Android for almost 2 years now, since I also needed apps that weren't available for Windows Mobile or got pulled.

I don't see any reason to use any phones beside Android at this point in time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith