WP and W10M loyalist who has shifted to Android

adkrish22290

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

My name is Adarsh from Bangalore, India. I have recently started using Android, having bought the Samsung Galaxy On Nxt a few days back.

Prior to this, I had been exclusively using either Nokia or Windows Phone devices. The first smartphone OS I used was Windows Phone 8 and I loved it immensely for its smoothness and ease-of-use. I was also a very fierce critic of Android, having referred to it as "Lagdroid" or "Shamedroid" on many occasions.

However, things are not good from the MS front with respect to mobile. Most of the apps have been pulled out of the Windows Store or their development abandoned. No new devices are being released, Microsoft refuses to release any more Lumias, while OEMs are not willing to develop W10M handsets. Windows 10 Mobile is also very a flawed OS, there is a lot of lag, and apps hang and crash regularly.That OS is also not as smooth as before. MS is not helping either, they are just mouthing "commitment to the W10M platform" but not doing anything to justify that commitment.

So I had decided: enough is enough. I have done what was unthinkable to me even just 6 months back: shift to Android.

Through Android Central, I hope to familiarise myself with the Android OS and ecosystem, learn any tips or tricks, and also keep myself abreast of what is happening in the Android world.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hello, Adarsh

Welcome to Android Central :)
I'm sure you can learn alot from the members here on AC,to answer any questions you may have.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AndroidCentral Adarsh!

So nice to see new members from all around the world joining this great community :D
Im sure you will learn a ton of new tips or tricks here. Hope you enjoy your Samsung Galaxy On Nxt!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to AC! Thanks for joining us. Hope you find what you need here... there's a TON of information here and a bunch of helpful people (well, except that B. Diddy fellow... I hear he hates kittens and puppies)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane