Meo Myo

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
Hello everyone I am Myomeo and i was having an issue with @ndroid on my aries nextbook ...out of nowhere my monitor went blank and when i turned my monitor off and on it read...android is optimizing apps which took foreber it felt. Why would that occur? Any help would be appreciated

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello Myomeo and welcome aboard! :)
It sounds like you may have received a software update.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi there Myomeo! Welcome to the AC Forums! :)

Like belodion says, it sounds like you got an update and it rebooted itself. Sometimes after some updates it CAN take a veeeeery long time to 'optimize' apps (especially if you received a major update, like from Marshmallow to Nougat for instance, it can seem like it's taking forever). Did it ever finish? I'd say it shouldn't take more than a couple hours at most...

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!

I agree that it sounds like your device got an update.

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. That does sound like an OS update. Depending on how many apps you have it can take a long time to reoptimize apps.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that 'optimizing apps' message you see is the operating system recompiling the runtime processes of the apps and services you have loaded on the device. In 5.0 to 6.0.1, Google used a new runtime that took a very long time to compile all that stuff and could take a LOOOOOONG time if you had a lot of apps. Android 7.0 really streamlined that process and reduced that process time a great deal.

If it happened once, like people said, it might have just been a simple system update. If it starts to reboot often, popping that 'optimizing' message each time, then that might be pointing to an issue that might need a bit of investigating.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
🗽 We welcome to ACentral.com

Although you received some preliminary

replies at your problem..is advisable

to post the issue in a separate

thread to get extra answers

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Welcome Myomeo to AndroidCentral!

I like what you did with the word "@ndroid". Hope to see you around the forums. Always nice to see new members joining! What smartphone do you currently own?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2