New convert from iPhone.

rich424

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Well I went and shattered my iPhone 6s+. . I now have LG G Vista. . I have a few questions but didn't see a subgroup for them. .

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well I went and shattered my iPhone 6s+. . I now have LG G Vista. . I have a few questions but didn't see a subgroup for them. .
Welcome to the forums. Push comes to shove you can ask in General help and how to. Please give as many details as you can, and hopefully, someone may point you in the right direction.

rich424

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Thanks everyone. . I'm with Verizon till October and my iPhone as well. I thought to myself I should just buy a cheap Android pre pay and then turn it over to my contract. Seems I can do that but, not for a month. So I have a different number and my contract number forwarded to it,. . So fR Android has been good. . A little learning curve and it's slow as molasses but I can handle it.
If all works out well I will probably upgrade to a android flagship phone. Looking at the pixel or galaxy 7/8 (October is my upgrade).

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone. . I'm with Verizon till October and my iPhone as well. I thought to myself I should just buy a cheap Android pre pay and then turn it over to my contract. Seems I can do that but, not for a month. So I have a different number and my contract number forwarded to it,. . So fR Android has been good. . A little learning curve and it's slow as molasses but I can handle it.
If all works out well I will probably upgrade to a android flagship phone. Looking at the pixel or galaxy 7/8 (October is my upgrade).

The Galaxy S7/8 and the Pixel are very good choices! Let us know if you need anything!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!

The Galaxy S7 edge is a great phone, but I'm guessing the Galaxy S8 will be better and improved.

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy

rich424

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm not having a good time with this thing. . A lot of maintaining is going on. Every day. every time it runs out of storage. I have a 32 gig SD card but the internal on the phone keeps clogging.

CaroDroid2

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
I'm a convert from Apple as well. I just got fed up with their lack of flexibility and big price tags. So far am loving my Android...although that will probably only last until I get stuck on something!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not having a good time with this thing. . A lot of maintaining is going on. Every day. every time it runs out of storage. I have a 32 gig SD card but the internal on the phone keeps clogging.
I took a look at the phone specs. The internal storage is 8 GB, with about half taken by the OS. I would suggest disabling any apps you don't use, and any large files, like music be put on your SD Card.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Big Welcome to AndroidCentral rich424! :D

We don't mind what OS you came from. We still like you all the same. What made you decide to switch platforms? (IOS to Android)

Hope to see you around the forums.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
The biggest secret is not to compare apples with oranges (excuse the pun).
The two systems are different, learn the new OS without comparison, you have far more choices to set up your device to your own tastes. As you have noted, a big memory is important...