Making The Move From BlackBerry To Android

djburns

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
totally new to this. i have had a blackberry for the last 5 years. its time to move away from them. every one i have owned i have had to had replaced. im not hard on them its just stupid small things fail. or bigger things like the screens or batteries. so it tired of them and i always liked the Android OS. BBM alone is not enough to make me want to keep a BlackBerry. If i am paying every month to have a phone i want to enjoy it.

So, I have been looking into the Samsung Galaxy S2 and i like what i am reading so far. I went into my local Telus dealer and was playing around with a Nexus S and i also liked that. I know this will come down to personal preference, with all the new phones out and new ones coming out around summer what other ones should i be looking at? Are there some brands that have problems others done and vise versa. I had Samsung phones before (non smart phones) and i never had any issues with them.

I know i want a good phone. Buy the best when its out and it wont be outdated right away i figure.

I want it to take HD video 720 is ok but would like to have 1080p if i could. I would also like to have a good camera on the phone, and dual core processor also. I dont want the phone to slide, flip, fold or anything to open it. the less moving parts the better.

So since im new to all of this what am i looking at phone selection wise

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi bwbeck.

First... Welcome to Android Central
Second... Here is a link that should assist you with your transition. Link
Third ... As for dual core processor - that depends on if your company carries that kind of device.
Fourth ... You mention the Nexus S - which seem to be an awesome phone.. it's worth looking into.

Good luck.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Cool man. There is a good deal out there, especially if you can shop network too. I can't wait until I am shopping again, so fun!

djburns

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
yeah i only really have 2 networks to pick from. I have Telus and Bell. I can't use Rogers because where i live (about 1hour outside Halifax) i will get no service in half the places i drive. I live in a valley and a rogers tower is blocked out by the south mountain. I was with Bell before and i didnt care much for there service at all. so all and all i will be with Telus again. i have had nothing but great luck with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty