Introducing Alma to Android Central Forums

Alma

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I just joined and was prompted to introduce myself.

My cellphone fell into the toilet on Thursday evening, so I went to the Verizon store to look at new phones and made the mistake of allowing a Verizon salesman to persuade me to purchase a HTC Thunderbolt on Friday afternoon.

I knew absolutely nothing about android phones and had never even held one in my hands, but it seemed to be pretty cool, and it was great until the battery discharged within three hours this morning, after it had been plugged into the wallcharger all night.

Unfortunately, the battery continued to discharge very quickly ... even when I was not using the phone, so I have spent most of Saturday afternoon and night surfing the 'net to trying to find out how to fix the problem. The Verizon representative informed me that I have 14 days to cancel, but I'd rather keep the phone if I can get the battery to hold the charge for more than a few hours.

So, a Google search led me to Android Central and several other android-related websites. I found instructions for removing the apps that are causing the battey to discharge on several sites, but this one required me to register in order to see some of the links, so here I am.

I won't tinker with my phone's software, but figured I might as well browse here and learn about the android phones. Since I don't have a landline and really must have a phone, I might as well become an "educated consumer" before returning the Thunderbolt and deciding on another phone.

I don't know the meanings of many technical terms and decided on the Thunderbolt because it can read and edit MS Word files, read Kindle books and PDF files, has really fast internet downloads and functions very well as an internet hotspot for my laptop. It supposedly displays video well also, but I haven't had time to watch any because of this battery problem, so cannot confirm that.

Happy Mother's Day!

Alma

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the community. If you read through the thunderbolt forums you will find a wealth of information about improving battery life. There is also a general article in the fascinate forums by gunnermike with a great deal of good information. Again, welcome, and enjoy your new phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Alma

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish