Samsung Charge Google Calendar Not Syncing

carol550

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I bought a new Samsung Charge during the holiday weekend. I already had a google email account, contacts and calendar setup on my desktop. My new phone syncs perfectly with my email and contacts. Calendar only syncs for current month May 2011. I have wiped the phone clean, back to factory settings and started over, I have tried setting up a new gmail account to see if any new drivers were installed, I spent 3 hours on the phone with both Verizon tech and 2 different Samsung techs...no luck. I also went back to the Verizon store and still no luck. I really want my google calendar to sync with my phone. Can anyone help me?

carol550

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Oh, also I went online on my desktop and confirmed that my calendar is set for mobile use with my mobile number and entered the verification code - still no luck...boohiss. I really love this phone. Much better than my old blackberry.

charlie g

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Found this fix somewhere else after A LOT of searching. Hopefully this will help others too!

You'll need to clear the cache on your phone:
Go to Settings->Applications->ManageApplications
Select the "All" filter.
You'll be able to see Calendar Storage in the Manage Applications list. Select that, and then "Clear Data".

It should work the same if you have probs syncing Contacts - clear the Contact Storage.
Likewise with Gmail - there's a Gmail Storage entry too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez