Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Default xDAKx: A re-introduction

"Join Date: 01-12-2010" - Well I'm obviously not new in terms of join date, but as far as community contributions, I'm a total noob. So I thought I'd say hi.

I'm xDAKx, or Donald Kelly. I'm not new at all to any of the Smartphone Experts sites, In fact, If you've been on TiPb or CrackBerry, You probably recognize me.

I started with mobile phones back when I was 11 or 12 with a Nokia 1100, which had a 64x64 pixel monochrome display and ... gasp ... a FLASHLIGHT! Since then I've moved from Nokia's to Motorola's (my last being a Windows Mobile powered Q which I custom themed) and today I manage a small fleet of BlackBerries and iOS devices for a small business my step dad works, and if I didn't mention, I'm 17.

So it's pretty obvious that mobile devices have always been something that caught my attention, but why am I here? I've been a BlackBerry user since 2008, but unless you've been living under a rock, you've heard about the current happenings with RIM. I personally still love RIM, but when I've enjoyed using my iPhone 3G (not 3GS, 3G) with a semi-cracked display and 2 megapixel fixed focus camera more than my Torch, you know something is up.

I ended up selling my Torch (just today actually) and when I went looking at new iPhones, I was rather impressed when buying new or used, weirdly walking into the Apple Store today, I passed a tiny Toyota... with a hot pink Android sticker on the back window. Weirdly enough, 12 hours later, I'd buy a brand new Nexus One off eBay for $260.

So yes, yes indeed, I'm an Android convert, at least for now, if RIM can get their act together, and run like hell, I believe they can stop the bleeding, but I've said forever, even on CrackBerry, that they will never have any market dominance like they had before, at least in North America.

Android, at least for now, seems to be where I'll be in terms of mobile devices, it's been a love hate relationship, my first device was a MyTouch 3G, which had no headphone port, and a proprietary HTC cable, my second device was a G2, but the hinge drove me off the wall. The Nexus One was the device I've always wanted, so I'm pretty stoked to get one.