Bye Charge, hello iPhone.

RMThompson

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Well guys, it's been fun being a member here but I've switched to the Dark Side, and just purchased a 16GB white iPhone.

I think the Android phones, especially the Charge, are great for the people that want their phone to be able to do EVERYTHING - but I am going to go with the iPhone because it does mostly everything, but more consistently.

I've had too many issues with the Charge, especially after this weekend.

Since I learned about the Fascinate to Charge deal here, only fair I share what they just did for me:

They let me early upgrade. My current upgrade date was 12/2012, now it's 09/13.

The iPhone was $199
They gave me one month credit for all the issues which was $110
Then they will buyback my Charge with their program for $145
(UNLESS someone here or online wants to buy it for a bit more?)

So in the end I am also making a good 30 bucks off my bill.

Thanks for everything guys! :)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
sorry to see you go have fun with the new phone.

Personally the only reason I hate iPhones is the closed ecosystem otherwise they are decent (not great, just decent), but yes, very consistent.

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about getting the iphone 5 instead of waiting for the Prime. From what I hear the iphone 4 was so perfect and its gotten no complaints so the iphone 5 will just be that much better.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Well guys, it's been fun being a member here but I've switched to the Dark Side, and just purchased a 16GB white iPhone.

I think the Android phones, especially the Charge, are great for the people that want their phone to be able to do EVERYTHING - but I am going to go with the iPhone because it does mostly everything, but more consistently.

Since I learned about the Fascinate to Charge deal here, only fair I share what they just did for me:

The iPhone was $199

Yup I hear ya buddy. Careful the Moderators here will now accuse you of being a troll like they did me when I switched to the iphone. True story.

Last edited:

ick

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to know what these people think that they are bringing to a Droid forum by starting a thread telling everyone they switched to the iPhone? Ok, you didn't have a good experience with the Droid. Move on then, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I have never had that issue with my iPhone. That was a launch problem. Unlike Samsung Apple is very quick to fix.

I came from iPhone. Its a good phone. Closed ecosystem out of box yes but great developers in the jailbreak community much like android.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

hillview

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Bottom line is that all the manufacturers need to step it up and put out quality products. they need to test these phones instead of selling them to us and have us call customer service just to hear that they are working on an update to fix this known issue. Samsung and verizon are the worst at this!

SuperJonCA

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

The iPhone was $199

Yup I hear ya buddy. Careful the Moderators here will now accuse you of being a troll like they did me when I switched to the iphone. True story.

I have never had that issue with my iPhone. That was a problem. Unlike Samsung Apple is very quick to fix.
GTFO of here. We don't need you guys hanging around. If you want to contribute something legit, ok. Talking about how you favor apple, GTFO trolls!

Reactions: moondrius

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I've never had any issues with my Charge (that weren't my fault...bootloop HA!)

As an indirect VZW rep I work in multiple stores and I've come to find that the perfect reliability of an iPhone is as much of a myth as Macs being immune to malware. Apple is really good at duping the public into believing this crap.

Percentage-wise I've seen as many customers say that they hate their iPhone and will be switching to a Droid when their upgrade is ready as I do with Android customers saying they're switching to an iPhone. Actually, no. Android customers mostly say that they hate Android manufacture X and will be switching to Android manufacturer Y. Poor Motorola
The clientele in my region is not tech-savvy at all, so that really goes to show ya something.

I am a complete faggy Android/Samsung fanboi 100%. But I'm open to any goodness that is produced, whether it be from Motorola, LG, Apple, WP7 and even RIM, God forbid. (I actually really like the new Blackberry with the keyboard and touchscreen...I forgot what it's called)
The iPhone generates the same interest in me as a flip-phone. I don't hate either, but I also couldn't care less about them.
If someone tries to argue with me that an iPhone is better than my beloved Charge, I will entertain their view-points and really go no further. But if some dares to insist that their Thunderbolt or EVO 3D is mightier than the Charge I would RIP THEIR LUNGS OUT with a plastic fork....and then I'd go after their family. I HATE HTC!!! C'MON HTC, you name the place and I'll be there!!!!!

Last edited:

RMThompson

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I didn't base my decision on marketing, or a salesperson's recommendations. I have been through 2 different Charges, after 4 different Fascinates, and while I really like the IDEA of a Droid, I've had good experiences with Apple products elsewhere, (iPod Touch/iPad) and that will allow it to integrate better with Calendar and other ways.

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
As a sales rep I never ever never ever make somebody get something that they don't want. If it works for you then it's perfect. Some of my co-workers insist on pushing people to a Droid when they want an iPhone, have a Mac, iPod and an iTunes account...then I have to deal with the lengthy return/exchange process when they come back for an iPhone!!!

The only phone that I will flat out bash when somebody says they want it is the Thunderbolt. And if they insist, I force them to get an extended battery.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
As a sales rep I never ever never ever make somebody get something that they don't want. If it works for you then it's perfect. Some of my co-workers insist on pushing people to a Droid when they want an iPhone, have a Mac, iPod and an iTunes account...then I have to deal with the lengthy return/exchange process when they come back for an iPhone!!!

The only phone that I will flat out bash when somebody says they want it is the Thunderbolt. And if they insist, I force them to get an extended battery.

Let's not forget Apple invented the smart phone as it is today. Apple invented the keyless touch screen smart phone handset, Android and all the others are simply copies of Apples original design.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Let's not forget Apple invented the smart phone as it is today. Apple invented the keyless touch screen smart phone handset, Android and all the others are simply copies of Apples original design.

I am trying hard not to label you fanboi or troll, but it is getting harder. It took me all of 5 minutes to find this little gem. It was released 3 years before the first iPhone:

Nokia 7710 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know I can find more but I am pressed from time.

Reactions: Premium1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt