Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    cubez's Avatar

    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Thundershed 1.5

    Default How much do Iphones rely on computers?

    I remember a friend saying that her phone reset and she couldn't use her phone until she synced it with itunes. I was wondering how dependent is the iphone of a computer. Im asking because I have a friend who wants an Iphone and he doesnt have a computer.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: How much do Iphones rely on computers?

    Very. you have to activate/sync/update thru iTunes.
    Have you tried SEARCH today? LPCZI9G4
    Thanked by:
    cubez 
  3. #3  

    Default Re: How much do Iphones rely on computers?

    iOS 5 requires no computer connections. All updates will be pushed wirelessly.
  4. #4  
    npo
    npo is offline
    npo's Avatar

    Posts
    87 Posts

    Default Re: How much do Iphones rely on computers?

    2 issues with my iPad (which I won so I didn't actually pay for it), are
    1) that you need a computer for activation and iTunes stuff
    And 2) that a huge number of websites dont work properly on the crappy browser. My online banking wont even work on it, so unless you want to buy a computer or always bank in person, you may be s.o.l.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    cubez's Avatar

    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Thundershed 1.5

    Default Re: How much do Iphones rely on computers?

    Thanks for the heads up ill let him know. I wanted to convince him to get an android, but I don't want to be THAT guy.
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by npo View Post
    2 issues with my iPad (which I won so I didn't actually pay for it), are
    1) that you need a computer for activation and iTunes stuff
    And 2) that a huge number of websites dont work properly on the crappy browser. My online banking wont even work on it, so unless you want to buy a computer or always bank in person, you may be s.o.l.
    iOS 5 actually fixed both of those issues.


    Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    ......posted from something made by Apple!
  7. #7  
    FrankXS's Avatar

    Posts
    3,148 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by modr0010 View Post
    iOS 5 requires no computer connections. All updates will be pushed wirelessly.
    So, a computer is not necessary at all? Or are you just saying it won't need a cable to connect to the PC/Laptop?

    -Frank

    Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
  8. #8  

    Default Re: How much do Iphones rely on computers?

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    So, a computer is not necessary at all? Or are you just saying it won't need a cable to connect to the PC/Laptop?

    -Frank

    Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk
    My understanding is that it'll be entirely computer free.
  9. #9  
    END
    END is offline
    END's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

    Default Re: How much do Iphones rely on computers?

    Updates will be pushed wirelessly. However, how I have been told by Apple employees, if you want to put say your own ripped mp3's or photos on your iPhone/iPad you need to have iTunes installed. You can't just hook up to any computer and drag and drop the files with no extra software needed like you can with Android.

Posting Permissions