Like Tree5Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,311 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Default Re: iPhone > Android, LOTS of problems and bugs

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    I appreciate that you don't use maps. That would be a good thing because if you are using Mapquest you will be getting the same crappy directions because they are now also using Tom Tom.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    I used it on Android other day and it was as good as Google maps. Have you ever tried it or are you just speculating?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Default Re: iPhone > Android, LOTS of problems and bugs

Quote Originally Posted by n8ter View Post
    I used it on Android other day and it was as good as Google maps. Have you ever tried it or are you just speculating?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    It works perfectly except when it doesn't. There are entire websites dedicated to the mistakes in the tomtom system. It doesn't mean that it won't work a lot of the time, but it isn't as good as Google. I have a tomtom gps and it makes lots of mistakes and it is slow. The information that is being used by ios and mapquest is the same flawed data. At least for the time being.

I'm just trying to call a spade a spade. Why drop something that works perfectly for something that has been proven to not be as good? A gps is great until it doesn't get you where you need to go. That may never happen to you or to someone who doesn't use the program very often but for people who rely on a reliable mapping system this can be very frustrating.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
    lex2lo 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12